Epilogue

2 Years Later

Light shone through the tall and grand glass walls. Some people rushed through the long corridors. Others idly waited for their relatives and bosses to arrive. Here and there was the occasional lodging chair. Those who arrived early waited. Those who came late rushed.

Riley was with that first of people. Her teeth bit down nervously on her nails. Feet frantically tapped against the floor. It was like her stomach was full of butterflies.

Noah placed a hand gently on her stomach, giving it a comforting rub before moving it to her hips. "Don't get too nervous, it won't be good for the baby," Noah whispered in her ears. He was careful to keep his tone low. Jay and Mikey, who sat a few feet away, were none the wiser at his word.

"Shhh," Riley placed her finger on her lips. Annoyingly looking at Noah to keep quiet.

"You know you will have to tell them eventually. In a couple of months to be exact," he giddily smiled. Ever since he had found out the news, Noah had been overjoyed at the prospect of being a father. There was a moment when he panicked, unsure if they were ready for such a big event. But soon, those worries were washed away when he saw the first ultrasound a week ago.

"I don't think telling my father the first time you meet him that you got his daughter pregnant is the right move."

"Do you think your parents will oppose?"

"Not much they can oppose at this point. I just want to prolong the inevitable hounding about how we should get married." Riley took a quick glance down at her stomach. She bit her nail harder this time. "This is all your fault," she grunted annoyingly.

"I remember it being you who insisted that it would be fine," Noah chuckled, not taking any offense at her words.

"It would have been had your pull out game been stronger," Riley playfully snapped her elbow into his ribs.

"But on a serious note, I think you are worrying too much," Noah said, resting his head on her shoulders. He wrapped his arms around her, engulfing her in his embrace. He thought upon the ring that had been sitting in his pockets for the last month. "Would it be so bad to get married?" Noah asked.

Riley looked at Noah with a puzzled look, unsure if he was asking what she thought he was. "What are you trying to say?"

"I am just curious,"

"She gave me a knowing look and rolled her eyes. I am not getting married, 'cuz I got pregnant."

"How about because there is a man that loves you and is excited to start a family with you?"

"You.. are not actually serious? Are you?" She asked a little panic could be seen in her eyes.

"I have never been so serious in my life." Noah's smile suddenly disappears. His eyes held tightly against Riley's gaze. He searched for any sign of an answer.

"Hey, the plane just arrived! Let's walk over to the arriving gate." Jay yelled out as he hurriedly picked Mikey up in his arms. Their smiles both stretched from ear to ear.

Riley followed close behind them, pulling Noah along the way. Part of her wanted to run across the walkway, through the arrival area, and past the security guards. She was no longer content with waiting.

"I can't believe its finally happening, its been over 2 fucking years," Riley said. She smiled eagerly at her brothers. Tingles of pure joy spread throughout her body. Mikey and Jay felt the same.

They watched in unison, minute after minute, person after person. Awaiting.

"So, Jay, how's college going. Who was that girl that picked up your phone last time?" Riley poked him in the rib using her elbow. She needed a distraction.

Jay almost snorted in surprise at her question. He tried, in vain, to hold back the blush overtaking his face. "You talked to Mary?"

"Yeah, she sounded cute. Think she picked up your phone by mistake. I'm just wondering what she was doing in your room at 4 am in the morning?" Riley tapped her fingers on her lips, knowingly. She rejoiced in the teasing effect her words had. A craft she had learned to perfect thanks to Noah.

"Wha...what?" Jay stepped back like a punch had been swung at him. It gave Riley much joy to see him so flustered. Distance had only made their sibling bond grow stronger. Unbreakable even.

"Don't you dare tell mom and dad," he warned.

"Or what?"

"Don't think I didn't see you sneak off to throw up multiple times. I ain't stupid." Jay pointed an accusing finger at Riley.

Riley's eyes widened in shock. She thought she had been coy in hiding all the symptoms. But clearly, her brother was more perceptive than she gave him credit for. "I'll murder you if you tell!"

Riley approached Jay with a deadly and serious look. Hoping that she could intimidate him into silence. Noah, who had been eavesdropping on the conversation, was gently holding Riley back. He was mostly amused at the bickering between the two siblings. But, Noah wouldn't put it past Riley to try to wrestle him even in her state.

"Tell us what exactly?"

Everyone turned towards the sound of the voice. Riley did not believe the voice that rang in her ear. It had been too long since it had sounded so real. No static this time. Just the real melodic vibrations against pure air.

"MOM!" Riley screamed while looking at her mother, Lucy. Next to her was her father, Andres.

Mikey scrambled out of Jay's arms. It almost caused Jay to drop him to the floor. Mikey's legs carried him as fast as they could.

Lucy collapsed onto her knees, her bags were now forgotten on the floor, as she welcomed Mikey into her embrace. Jay and Riley soon forgot their fight and rushed over, falling into the embrace. Andres, whose tears fell down his face, also fell to his knees. He held them all together.

Finally, the Diaz family was whole again. Riley's heart felt like it would burst. It was too full. Too complete. Three would be no more missed birthdays. No more missed holidays. She would not have to make it through motherhood for the first time all alone. Lucy would be there. To hold Riley's hand. There to scold her whenever she did something wrong. She would be there.

A trail of happy tears flowed down Riley's eyes. She caught sight of Noah, who was watching from not too far away. A content smile on his face.

Riley realized something at that point. He belonged in that hug. He was family now too.

He belonged with her. And their future child. And they shall never be separated.

"Okay," Riley whispered in Noah's direction.

His eyes lit up at her answer to his unspoken question.

"Okay."