Chapter Twenty-Nine

I had no plans—none—to get caught up

I had no plans—none—to get caught up. Never dreamed I'd make Philly my home again after leaving all that time ago.

Loved the last few years of my life. All the fucks, all the chucks.

At least I thought I did.

When I study Parker; her easy, confident demeanor, the way she sincerely focuses on someone when she speaks to them, I feel more at ease than... ever. The enchanting blue of her irises, that shimmer with hints of yellow, sprinkled in. Her blonde hair that she lets wave down her back, or over her shoulder. I'm in so deep.

It's the simple things like sitting outside and having coffee, bringing her flowers simply to see her happy. Yeah, I've become a complete pussy and I'm completely obsessed with hers. We don't disagree on much, though she acts annoyed when Blaze and I gang up on her. Secretly, I think she loves it. Not so secretly, I definitely love it.

Makes me a little fucked up to know that we both lived pretty lonely lives up till now. Been attempting to be romantic. Show her how I feel about her, not only with words or when I'm nailing her, but with actions.

I realize I've wasted years with countless bimbos, trying to fuck away my past when I could have been with her.

What an idiot!

Add that up and throw in the fact that she gives the best head I've ever had. I'm talking she can make me nut after a few calculated strokes. She does this twirl with her tongue on the tip, while her hands corkscrew, making sure she cups the boys with a soft tug here and there.

Fan-fucking-tastic.

Been several weeks since we've been doing this together thing. No labels, but if I'm being honest, I'd wife her up.

Wait... what?

Whatever. So far, so good. We do our best to downplay it at work, keep it professional and shit. Though, I've practically begged—and I'll continue—to bend her over my desk, her desk, any desk. I mean, what's an office romance without it? She always shoots me down, doesn't want to be too conspicuous.

Adam knows, seemed to suspect something right away. But he's good at his job; highly observant, so I'm not surprised. Also, not long after, he walked in on us, to see me down on my knees, pleading with her to let me stick it in.

So there's that.

At this moment, as I stare at her across the room from me, it's as if everyone disappears. No one else exists. Just me and this seemingly perfect woman who doesn't give me shit, well, for the most part. It makes me want to be a better person. She makes me a better person.

I never thought I'd feel this way... again.

Doesn't hurt that we enjoy doing the same things. The sex is top-notch. Not a ten, it's an eleven. And even Blaze is super cool.