Chapter Forty-Nine

"Mother fucker!" I seethe, ripping the paper from Parker's hands, her eyes flying side to side with her jaw dropping after she reads the bullshit

"He's suing me?" she whimpers with her mouth still gaping.

"What?" Blaze asks. "Who?"

I look over the document. A full lawsuit from that twisted, fucking dick licking piece of shit.

FUCK!!!

"Assault," she robotically repeats the word from the notice. Totally stunned and shocked, quick breaths exhale from her nostrils, head shaking in disbelief. I feel my body temperature rise at an extremely rapid pace.

"Go inside, Blaze," she says, in a trance. He plants down next to her in his best protective stance, arms crossed tight over his chest. A harsh scowl cuts across his face as he stares up at me.

"Go in." I give him a quick, reassuring nod, dragging my palm over my face with a sigh.

He opens his mouth to come back with something. Parker looks like she's going to throw up. And I'm feeling like I'm about to go and really assault this asshole.

"It'll be alright, Blaze. Just take your bag in and we'll be up in a minute." Giving him a light squeeze on the shoulder, he glances once more at his mom before shooting me a worried look and agreeing nod.

"Twelve million? Peri-orbital fracture? Suffering and damages?" she speaks the bolded words printed on the formal letter from fuck head Fife's lawyers. "I don't have that kind of—"

"This is bullshit," I respond, crumpling the paper in my fist. My eyes darting to Parker's that are welled with tears, standing there in complete and total shock. "It'll be alright." Grabbing her hands, I pull them to my chest. "It'll be alright," I repeat. "I'll fix this." I glance at the ring on her finger while her wide blue stare searches mine.

"Why would he do this? That didn't happen. It wasn't that bad."

"Let's go inside." I pull her along behind me, my anger level reaching a record high. This fucking dick! Of all the days. I'm going to knock his fucking teeth out. But I need to make sure she's alright first.

"I can't, I can't go around Blaze right now, I don't want him to see me upset."

It takes a few minutes to convince her to go inside, to hang up at my place and catch a breather. This is just a way for him to get a reaction. A response. A means to an end.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

I drive up to the large brick estate, not bothering to park properly, flinging the keys out and marching up to the front door, loudly banging my fist on the wooden surface.

Shoving my keys into my pants pocket, my heart thumping faster with each second, adrenaline ripping through my veins, preparing myself to lay this guy out. Fuck the consequences.