Chapter Thirty-Five

I glance over to the doorway while I'm wrapping up our Friday meeting, Chaz stands with the usual sly grin coating his lips, ignoring everyone else in the boardroom, full attention on me

But, I know him well enough by now to see beyond the forced smile—sexy as it may be. The stress lining the outer corners of his eyes, the barely visible tic of his jaw. He leans against the doorframe, gaze wandering over my body like he's mentally undressing me.

Probably is.

This isn't his same devouring stare. I've seen this one before. It's a look that says he's desperately needing control.

A look that I hate.

Okay, that's a lie.

But anyway...

He lifts a brow, uncomfortably fixating on me as I struggle to maintain focus on the meeting.

Oh well, fuck it.

This meeting is adjourned.

I quickly turn my head back to the sales team. "Alright, great job everyone." Heat sprints up my neck knowing his eyes are still on me. "Go out and celebrate. We're ending this quarter way ahead of budget."

After a few quick goodbyes, Chaz walks up behind me. With the door wide open, his arms encircle my waist, sprawled hands traveling down, slowly. His lips stray along my neck. The back of my head involuntarily connects with his chest, and I breathe out a quiet sigh. His mouth lands directly beneath my ear. You know, that spot that weakens the knees, threatening to have my panties dissolve, or maybe combust. He somehow works his magic, making me almost ready to let him bend me over this table.

Almost.

I spin to face him, pushing against his navy shirt, top two buttons undone, giving a sneak peek at his incredibly toned torso. The urge to press my lips over it is undeniably high, but no—would be playing right into his game. His tie is unknotted and hanging loosely from his neck, sleeves rolled to the elbows that momentarily distract me as my fingers trail down, tracing his defined arm muscles.

How is it possible to literally reek of sex appeal at all times?

Not that I'm hating it.

"See something you like?" He laughs, ripping me from my trance and back to reality. We're standing at the end of the boardroom table, my backside hitting the top. I peek at the open door, the sounds of people packing up for the day drifting into the room.

"No. I mean, yeah, obviously, it's just..."

"Everyone knows we're together by now." Shrugging, he brushes his lips over mine with a quick kiss, pulling back as I push my hands against his chest again. Chaz's arms stay tight around my waist, holding my body flush to his.