Chapter One

Third Person Pov:

Once again, Tom can't get any sleep due to the loud heartbeat filling up his head and the disgusting feeling of the flesh and skin being pushed up against with every pound to his chest.

Tom sits up in his bed and holds his head, gripping his hair since he feels like he's hitting the edge of insanity from the repeating noise only getting louder from the panic hitting every point of his body.

Tom then tightly shuts his eyes and angrily shouts, "FUCK! I can't take all this fucking noise!" He grabs his pillow and tries to cover his ears to get rid of the noise, but the noise is only louder inside his body which makes the action ultimately useless. "Fuck! fuck! fuck! FUCK!" Tom throws his pillow at the wall as his toes curl from the unbearable noise beginning to make him hallucinate the sound echoing inside his mind and making his body tremble with every pulse.

Tom's digital eyes widen as tears drip on to his thin bedsheets and he begins to hyperventilate, he mutters, "I can't take it.. I can't take it..." over and over again as if he were a broken record.

All the hyperventilating then makes him very lightheaded, so he falls back on to his hard pillow-less mattress and his vision statics up a bit from being so dizzy. His heartbeat slows down from him forcing himself to calm himself, he then chokes slightly as he whispers to himself, "I need air.. I need to get out of here and get air..."

Once the static on his screen disappears and he's finally calmed down, he pulls out a black cloak that has a oversized hood to keep his face covered and other completely black clothing as well that was hidden under his mattress. He created this with another machine he renovated that is made to create clothing out of air molecules, but he never told Bing or Larry about it since he doesn't particularly like them and he rather keep his invention uses a secret.

Tom puts on the black clothing and black cloak with the hood on his head, he then stealthily runs down many halls like a shadow to where he can only guess is the exit of the factory.

Tom reaches a large ladder that leads up to a circular trap down with a wheel as the doorknob, he takes a deep breath as he begins climbing the ladder. After a minute or two, he reaches the trap door and turns the wheel to the left with one hand. He lifts the trapdoor up and moonlight shines on to his face, making him forget the loud heartbeat raging in his chest only for a few moments.

He was only planning to open up the trapdoor to get some fresh air, but now he's so terribly curious now of what's outside the factory. Truth is, Bing hasn't told him much information about his past self or the state the world is in, so he figures that he'd just be seen as any normal folk out there except for the unusual heartbeat and glowing visor.

Tom lifts himself out of the trapdoor and on to the surface to see he's in a alleyway in a small city, he has no idea where he is but he really loves the night breeze and moonlight shining down on him. Tom closes the trapdoor tightly with the outside wheel before beginning his walk down the calm and empty streets.

But little does Tom know that his old rival and ruler of the world is visiting America in this exact town he's in to have a few meetings before he heads back to London. Which since there is a curfew in every place in the world that starts at exactly 10:00 pm, Tord decides that he would take a walk down the streets since it should be completely empty.

Tord shoves his hands in his hoodie pockets with his head down as he walks down the empty streets, since he's literally the man ruling the world then he doesn't really have to worry about breaking curfew since he was the one who made that rule in the first place.

Suddenly it starts to rain heavily, Tom doesn't quite remember what rain is like so when he looks up and feels a raindrop hit his cheek he shivers. He then holds his hands out and the droplets start to pitter-patter on to his hands, which he enjoys the sensation of the cold water hitting his skin.