Chapter Nine

Third Person Pov:

"Don't cause any trouble okay? This festival is very important and my own father will be here, so I can't have anything bad happening," Tord says to Tom with a worried look, he knows full well of Tom's dangerous tendencies and he hates the fact he's going to have to leave him alone for a few hours so he can give his father a guide around London and the festival.

"Didn't you say your father abused you when you were younger? Why would you ever want to impress the guy with his own party across London if he treated you so bad?" Tom asks as he crosses his arms, obviously annoyed that his lover is trying to welcome such a bad guy.

"It was only verbal abuse, besides he's my father and I love him. That's why I want to show him what I've accomplished and prove to him I'm not the piece of shit he always called me growing up," Tord replies and Tom's throat slightly rumbles from the annoyed growl escaping his lips. Tord sighs with a smile as he caresses Tom's cheek, which you can practically hear Tom purr to. "But don't worry Tom, I'm not stopping you from enjoying the festival too! I just need to spend more time with him is all, then later when nighttime comes and everyone's dancing outside we can meet up and spend some time together by dancing."

"I'd like that.." Tom says with a small smile as he holds the scabby hand Tord places on his cheek and nuzzles his cheek into it like a kitten. Ever since they had started to date Tom has become very protective- no.. OVERprotective. Tom is always suspicious of everyone Tord introduces him to and he's constantly on guard whenever they're in public, he just doesn't want anything happening to him... and that includes hurt feelings as well.

"But for today, I need to make sure he's satisfied and he wouldn't approve of me having a boyfriend whatsoever," Tord says and Tom frowns from that fact, he hates homophobic people and he wishes Tord would just kill them all off already. "Promise me you won't ruin this for me?"

Tom of course hates the fact that Tord wants his father to approve of him and that he needs to leave Tom alone just to do it, but Tom still nods and says, "I promise Tord.." and Tord smiles, Tord kisses Tom's forehead and Tom flushes red.

"Thank you Tom," Tord says, then a butler comes into the room only to tell them that Tord's father has arrived from Norway before leaving, which Tord looks back to Tom and says, "I'll see you tonight, okay?"

"Okay.." Tom says quietly before Tord leaves the room, Tom then says to himself, "There's no way in hell I'm leaving it up to that doofus to woo his dad all on his own, it's time to actually do some good since I've been brought back to life..."

Later on that day, Tord is walking through the festival with the older man known as his father at his side. The man isn't bad back, ultra wrinkly, and hard hearing old though, the man still acts as though he were a young man with the nest posture he has, the only thing that lets you know he's much older is his grey hair that still keeps the family signature horned hair.

"So how are you enjoying the festival?" Tord asks his father and his father just scoffs, making Tord quite nervous.

"You could've done better," his father says and Tord frowns, looking downs lightly. "Maybe if everyone wasn't so goddamn gloomy then it would've been much more exciting and fun."

"Sorry father.." Tord says with a sigh and a frown, he had prepared this festival to be perfect and it still isn't good enough for the man.

Tom has been following them all day and stopping small things from ruining their day; like killing loud dogs that could disturb the man, evaporating puddles that formed from the rain that came down the day before, and especially annihilating any threats that come their way.