Chapter Twelve

Third Person Pov:

Tom continues to sprint toward the train station with Scale tightly wrapped around his waist, right now he's in the burning city of Tokyo and he needs to get to London before the fire gets there too!

"This is my fault Thomas," Scale says, feeling grief. Scale may be a evil being that controls people, but this time he knows he's gone too far and feels very bad about it. "I shouldn't have let you burn down the forest."

Tom stops running and holds Scale's face up to his, he says, "Don't say that Scale! You only wanted to do what's right!!" in a rather defensive tone. Scale sees now that after many thousands of years, he's finally completely brainwashed someone to the side of darkness. "Now we have to get out of here before-"

"Thomas look out!" Scale shouts and Tom turns to see a giant building about to crash down on him, Scale knows he's fallen in love with Tom and he can't live with that. Scale then jumps off of Tom's waist and toward the building, shouting, "I swore to protect you Thomas, and that's what I'm going to do!"

"No! Scale!" Tom screams and Scale hits the building, the building then explodes in the air and all that comes close to Tom is some little crumbles of it. Tom is frozen in place as tears prickle the corners of his eyes and he whispers, "Scale?..." with a pained look on his face.

Suddenly a random Japanese man grabs Tom's wrist and says something in Japanese before dragging him to the safety of the trainstation, they don't know each other but the man just wants to save him.

Tom continues to look down in the crowded train even after several hours of riding, the train is very large so everyone that survived the disaster is managing to escape. Tom is very worried since now Scale is dead and Tord for all he knows could be too if the fire gets there before he does, so the train ride is very stressful for him.

A little Japanese boy spots Tom sitting all alone and stands from the seat next to his mother that is currently conversation to other women in Japanese. He sits next to Tom and Tom look to him, he says something in Japanese so Tom simply says, "I don't know Japanese kid."

"Oh I see, okay," the child says and holds his hand out to Tom. "I am Chi-Fi."

Tom would usually ignore a child at times like these, but he just sighs and shakes his hand before replying, "I'm Tom."

"You look sad," Chi-Fi says and Tom sighs, it's like a kid to get to the point.

"There's just a lot going on that you wouldn't understand.."

"Well what I do when I'm sad is hug someone who is also sad! Because then we both become happy from the hug! Even if you don't like somebody you should give them a hug to let them know that you understand them and that you're there for them!" The child says and Tom actually thinks deep into it, hugging someone means a lot more than he thought it did...

The mother says something in Japanese and the boy calls back, he then jumps off from the seat and says to Tom, "I have to go, Mommy is thinking about stopping off at Russia where my Auntie is!"

"Safe travels," Tom says with a smile and the boys runs off, Tom then looks down and says, "I'm going to give Tord a big hug when I get back." with a soft smile as he rubs his hands together on his lap.

Tom stands in front of the ashes of London, his hair swaying in the wind and his body not moving a inch. He has a look of sadness on his face as he knows Tord is either dead or has been evacuated with the other civilians, he steps on to the rubble and walks through the deserted land.

Tom sits up against a small broken up wall and crosses his legs, looking to the ground as the smell of smoke fills his lungs whenever he breaths in which almost reminds him of Tord's smoking addiction. The sun hides behind the large amounts of smoke from the fire that has now been eradicated by nature and no living thing can be seen for miles.. that is until...

Tord walks toward Tom with his kingly outfit in shambles and half of his crown in his hand, he stumbles a bit as he sits next to Tom. They're completely silent for a few seconds before they both smile and laugh a bit to shake off the sadness.

"You're such a idiot you know that?" Tord says as he wipes a tear from his eye and Tom just laughs as he nods his head.

"I know, I'm pretty stupid," Tom replies and after a few seconds they go silent again, Tom then begins to cry and he pounces on to Tord to hug him. "I'm sorry..."

Tord throws the remainder of his crown far away and hugs Tom back, he says, "It's okay, I deserved it." They then get so involved in the hug that they don't hear a car pull up and a few men walking over to them.

What knocks them out of their loving trance is the sound of a shotgun reloading right in front of their heads and a unfamiliar man saying, "The gig is up Red King and Blue Leader."