Chapter Five

Third Person Pov:

Tord loves his birthday, who doesn't? But it just isn't the same anymore; of course it's exciting to see a whole parade made just for your birthday, but he misses when the cake was homemade and the gifts came from people he knew and loved.

The first time he had a parade outside his window made specifically for his birthday, he was excited and thrilled like a child who's parents bought a whole circus for their party... but now he just sits at his window and watches the parade balloons and people go by below with a gloom look on his face and a sigh escaping his mouth every once in awhile.

"I wonder if there will be a attack today from the Rebellion like last year.." Tord wonders to himself with a small smile, but then sighs and frowns when he knows it's impossible. "No, they wouldn't do that on my birthday after what happened the second time..." Tord rests his arms on the windowsill and places his cheek on top of them, looking down with a bored look. "I wonder what Tom is doing right now..."

Tom walks through the crowds of celebrating people quite casually since people are too busy acting happy to pay mind to him, he thinks to himself, "Wow Jackson was right, everyone is far too busy trying not to cry to even notice I'm right here among them.." Tom looks to the big balloons in the sky to see they're glowing, a devious idea then comes into his head. "I suppose livening things up a bit couldn't hurt..."

Tom notices a guard walking into a alley with a clamshell phone, so he smirks and follows him in. The guard flips open the phone and begins to dial something in but just before he can press enter, Tom hooks his neck with his arm and puts him into a chokehold before snapping his neck.

Tom drops the guard on to the floor and grabs the long sniper from his back, he says, "Sorry dude, I need to get these people's spirits up somehow." before looking to the fire escape ladder next to him and climbing up to the roof of the building.

Tom gets down on his stomach and aims for the biggest glowing parade balloon, he whispers to himself, "If these are filled with toxic gas, then if my calculations are correct then they should-" Tom shoots a bullet into the balloon and it breaks all the strings attaching it to the float by shooting forward and bursting all the other giant balloons as well, causing them all to run into buildings and make them crumble.

"It seems my calculations were correct then-" A balloon then suddenly crashes into the building he's laying on and makes it wobble, he lets out a loud, "Shit!" and dramatically jumps off the side of the building, which luckily the building isn't the tallest so he manages to land and avoid the crash of the building by rolling perfectly on to the street.

He stands up again and sees all the people screaming and running around to try to avoid the crash of buildings, he says to himself, "Uhhh... they weren't supposed to be panicking- but I guess I should have figured that they could die from the fall of the buildings.. Eh, whatever," Tom then looks to a float that the driver abandoned, he devilishly grins and makes a small, "Oooo~" noise.

Tom runs up to the float and jumps on to it, he runs up to the driver's seat and rubs his hands together as he says, "Now, how exactly do I drive thi-"

"Hey you!" Tom hears and looks at the ground to see five guards shouting at him. "Get down from there!"

"Guess we'll have to learn as we go!" Tom says in slight panic as the guards climb on to the float, he hits the gas pedal and lets out a loud, "WOAH!!" when it drives faster than a race car. Tom then turns the wheel and swerves side to side to avoid the other floats in front, he widely smiles and lets out a scream of excitement, "WOOO!! HELL YEAH!!!"

Two of the guards that were climbing on when he began driving and managed to not fall shout, "You have to stop this before you kill everyone!"

"Pff I'm not going to kill everyone! I'd never do that!" Tom shouts back as he spins the wheel to avoid running into a truck. "I only plan to kill a few hundred is all!"