Chapter Two

Third Person Pov:

"We have to leave NOW!" Bing says as he begins to collect all his papers in a panic, you can still hear Tom's heartbeat quickly pumping as he hugs his knees in the corner of the room. "Now that Red Leader has found out Tom is alive, they're going to search absolutely everywhere in this goddamn city to find him! And there's no doubt they won't check underground."

"But Boss, where the hell are we going to go?! We never thought this would happen!" Larry says as Tom hugs his knees tighter, Tom's still completely shaken up from the events that happened only a few minutes earlier.

"I don't know! But we need to get out of America, we need to go somewhere less protected..." Bing says and slides his several small notebooks that contain years worth of notes into a backpack along with a small gun that they could possibly use."

"Maybe Tokyo? I heard they aren't that crowded anymore, I'm sure some grandpa who doesn't like the system will take us in!" Larry says and Bing shakes his head.

"We could find older people who don't like the system just about anywhere but it won't mean they'll take us in, we just need to escape and keep journeying until we find another unknown area we can stay in. Maybe we can take shelter in a random sewer or abandoned, probably haunted, house."

"But then what Boss? We don't have any food that we can bring with us and we have a extremely limited supply of clothing, fall is coming and we have nothing warm to wear! We'll die out there!" Larry continues and Tom starts to blame himself for everything up to this point, they wouldn't have to have this conversation if it weren't for him after all.

"I.." Bing says and heavily sighs, holding his face. "I have no idea how we're going to survive this..."

They can hear footsteps beginning trampling on the surface above their heads, Larry sighs as he grips his hair, he mumbles, "They've started looking now.. and we'll probably have to go out the same way they're in..."

Tom then comes up with a idea, he stands up and says, "Maybe there's another exit, I'm sure a whole factory that once had thousands of people can't just have one small trapdoor as an entrance, if anything that's probably the secondary exit that they made for this place. Maybe if we can find another exit on the other side of the factory it'll lead to out of town, this place is absolutely huge after all!"

"But we have no time Tom! They'll be coming in here any minute now!-"

"Then instead of walking to the exit, we should run! Even if they do come down while we're still here they'll have to chase us!" Tom says, trying so hard to convince them to go with him. Tom is still terrified of going back with the man who had caught him, something about him just gives Tom the feeling he's going to die at any moment.

Before Larry can fight Tom any more on the matter, they can hear the exit they know opening from not too far away, Bing then says, "We have no choice but to go with Tom's plan, let's go!" and everyone follows him out of the room.

They run down several hallways, but since the whole factory echos from any sort of noise, the guards can hear the running and Tom's loud heartbeat not far away, so they run after the sounds.

"Tom whatever you do," Bing says to Tom as they run and Tom looks at him. "Don't panic." Tom gives a nervous look as he nods, Tom's main goal is to distract himself from the heartbeat and still run away at the same time.. this will be hard.

Tord lays down on his hotel bed and hugs his knees on his side, tears begin to fill his eyes as he thinks back to the experience he just had with Tom. He felt so complete when Tom was in his arms and his stone cold heart had just started to beat again when they almost kissed, but then Tom was ripped away from him once again and he felt the rush of darkness closing back in on him all over again.

"Tom..." Tord quietly whispers to himself. "I still love you.." Some tears drip down his cheeks as he curls his body further inward. "I'm so weak.. How did I end up ruling the world in the first place?.." Tord rolls on to his stomach and shoves his face into the bed's soft pillow, he muffles his sobs to the best of his ability as the tears soak the pillow cover.

Suddenly there's a knock at the locked hotel room door, Tord tries to sound normal as he says, "Who is it?!" He gulps and quickly wipes his tears as he sits up slightly, he really hopes this person is going to say they caught Tom.

"Thomas and his comrades got away, our best guards chased after them underground but we found the guards later drowned in the now flooded abandoned factory. We don't have the equipment right now to dig too dip into what caused the place to be filled to the brim with salt water, but the investigators are saying that they most likely escaped from a exit that is now covered by ocean water..."

"Doesn't that mean that Thomas and his partners drowned as well though?" Tord asks with fear pinging his chest and panic surging through his body.

"We used our water drones to figure out who was drowned.. but we could only find the guard's bodies, the other three have completely disappeared from the scene,"

Tord then mutters to himself, "Then that means he could still be alive.." Tord then turns back to the door and asks, "How bad was the flood?"

"Well the place is completely filled with water now, we don't even know how anyone could survive it.."

Tord looks down in deep thought, he says, "Okay thank you, you're dismissed." which footsteps can then be heard walking away from the door. He sits at the edge of his bed and holds his head as he says, "How the hell is this all possible? I killed Tom five years ago, so how could he even be alive? It had to have been him, he has the same headset he's always had and he knew my real name.. But how?..."

Tord sighs and lays back down, he closes his eyes and says to himself, "I should get sleep.. I have to tell everyone that the "Enemy Of The World" is alive now.. even though he doesn't remind me much of a enemy..." Tord then slowly drifts off into a pleasant sleep, knowing full well that Tom wouldn't die from just a simple flood...