⚝Chapter Twenty Two⚝

It had taken Konno and Sokka nearly all night to find their way back to the house. She didn't mind, though. Most of the time, he had made her laugh so hard to jokes that weren't even that funny. At one point, she couldn't even breathe and they had to rest on the side of the road while she calmed down. 

It felt so good to actually laugh again. She couldn't remember the last time she really laughed like she had that night. After letting go of the Warrior, she learned the meaning of fun. The Warrior held her back because all it saw was the issues that were in the world. However, there were so much more to life than the darkness that had inhabited her heart for so long. She was ready to face the light now.

Yes, she was still going to miss Yue desperately. But now she could share her pain with Sokka and Katara and Aang and Toph. She still felt a little hesitant about sharing her feelings to them because she had kept everything to herself for so long. It would take time to get used to the feeling that she had people on her side who would fight for her. But it felt so good to finally open up, to have people care for her even after they find out about her mistakes and inner demons.

When they made it back to the house, the sun had just peeked above the earth. Konno doubted that anyone was awake, but Sokka still told her to be quiet. He didn't want the others to wake up; she guessed that he didn't want to answer any questions that anyone had about the two of them. She didn't really know what they were yet; all she knew was that she really enjoyed kissing him.

Right before splitting apart from each other, Sokka slipped his hand around her wrist and spun her around to face him. She giggled as he pressed kisses around her face. He finished up by pressing a kiss to her forehead. She leaned into his touch and whispered, "Goodnight, Sokka."

"Don't you mean good morning?" he asked softly.

They shared a secret smile before she went into her room. She leaned against the cool door and sighed. Why had she always pushed her feelings away from him? This was one of the best decisions she had ever made. Finally accepting her feelings for him lifted the largest weight off of her shoulders. 

Konno laid down in her bed, but she didn't think that she would be able to fall asleep. Her life had suddenly turned into a dream. How could she go fall asleep if she were already there? 

Apparently, Konno had fallen asleep because she was woken very abruptly by Katara. She had jumped onto the bed, landing right on Konno. With a groan, Konno shoved Katara off of her. A dull ache found its way between her eyes; she hadn't ever pulled an all-nighter before. Her limbs felt a little sluggish as she sat up.

"What are you doing?" she asked, resting her head in her hands.

"What were you doing last night?" Katara asked instead. A sly smile appeared on her face. "I had waited up for as long as I could, but I had to go to bed around midnight. What time did you and Sokka come home?"

Konno shrugged. She wouldn't meet Katara's eyes at all when she said, "We got lost."

Konno's hands found something to do to keep her mind off of what her and Sokka did last night. If she didn't think about it, she wouldn't accidentally spill to Katara. 

"You got lost?" Katara asked. "How?"

"We had to run away from an angry guy," she explained. "Sokka accidentally hit him and he chased us through some streets in the city."

"Why'd Sokka hit him?"

"We were dancing together."

"Ooh, dancing," Katara said, wiggling her eyebrows. "That sounds exciting."

Konno hated how her cheeks flushed. "Yeah, it was."

Katara laughed and pulled her into a tight hug. "Don't worry," Katara said, the laughter still apparent in her voice. "I won't ask anymore questions. I think I already know what happened last night."