Medicine

Chap 18

After making sure that baby Leon is sleeping in the crib, Geo put the mosquito net he made over the crib.
It is light and will not make the baby feel hot.
He tied the net on the crib post to make sure it won't fell down.
After rechecking all the things inside the house. He took a basket and walk to the back of their house.
After looking left and right, making sure nobody is watching he jump to the trees and disappearing in the forest.
Just 20 minutes and he is back carrying a basket of different grasses and other leafy stuff.
He puts the basket down and check Leon.
Just enough time, the baby wakes up and cry.
Changing his diaper and making him milk.
Geo pulls the crib to the front door so he can still watches Leon while he makes his medicine.

He doesn't plan to cook it inside the house because the smell will be unbearable for the baby.
He is in the middle of their front yard.
There are small sprouts everywhere thanks to Geo's diligence.

Finding a place he went and dig a small hole to place an improvised stove.

"Ahh...Ahh.."

Geo looks back and see Leon standing up while he leans on the crib.

Geo let go of the stove and hurry to Leon.
"O my goodness. My baby is a genius." He said happily.

Leon chuckles and sway his hand trying to reach Geo.
Geo went to wash his hand and pat his clothes to make sure there is no soil or dirt.
They he came and carry Leon on his arms.
After swaying him to the air a couple of times making the baby laugh and giggles, the baby is finally tired.
Geo laughs and put him on his lap.
When he looks up the sky is already red.

"Oh. I forgot what I am doing. Leon's cuteness is too destructive." He said poking Leon's cheek.

The baby giggles trying to catch his finger.
"Baby lie down on the crib first. Mommy has a lot of stuff to do before it gets dark."

After he puts Leon on the crib and gives him a rattling toy Wally made the baby play by himself.

Geo went to wash the plants and cut them.
Separate what is meant to go together and what is not.

After that he light a fire in the improvised stove and put water.

While he waits for it to boil. He went to the kitchen and also light it to make dinner.
Doing two things at the same time while making sure that Leon is properly taken care of.

It was tiring but you can see Geo happily doing it.

After he puts the rice to cook. And the water outside is boiling, he puts the 'grasses' inside but not all of it.
Then wash his hand and play with Leon for minutes.
After the pot's lid of the rice clatters. He stood up carrying Leon and just let the lid slightly open.
Then he went and put Leon down the crib giving him a milk before he gets out to feed the critters.
He also check the boiling water outside and seeing the color changes to green he adds another thing on it and then something more.
This time it is not a grass but a ginger like plant.

Geo wipes his forehead after he mixes the formula inside that become thick and sticky.

He looks back and see Leon standing up again watching him.

He smiles.
He heard a lot of mother saying their fatigue disappear when they see their children smiling.
He always think it was exaggeration on their part but now he realize that they are really telling the truth.

"You are watching Mommy?"

The baby smiles and waves his hand that is holding the rattle and it made a noise.
Geo laughs.
Seeing him made the baby laugh too.