Love For and From 10 years

[[Happy New Year, Guys!! It was a weird start for me. I've a brotherly like friend. Finished the first 2 books of Harry Potter. J.K. Rowling is officially my idol. It's plain and simple but there's something that attracts me to it! I love it. I think it's the names! I'm going to do my best this year!! Hope You Enjoy!]]

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Oikawa hung around in your room as usual. Tying to braid your hair, telling jokes, laughing at his own jokes. You only read your book. Your eyes not leaving it as you nodded at his statements and questions, sometimes shaking your head, of course.

Oikawa had finally had it. He took the book from your hands, put a bookmark between the pages that the book showed and put it far from your reach. "We're going on a date."

"Tooru! My book!" You stood up from your chair

"You refused to talk to me!"

"I was reading! Gosh!"

Oikawa only glared at the book. And that's when you noticed. "Tooru..." Your voice was gentle as you said his name, grabbing his attention.

"Are you... Jealous? Of a book?"

"I-I'm not!! You're just not paying attention to me!"

You chuckled. "Alright. Alright. Let's go on a date!"

Oikawa grinned.

It had been a long time since both of you went out for a date. A really long time. This time, Oikawa chose a place, a special place he found amazing and cool. The aquarium.

It was peaceful, watching the fishes swim around behind the glass. Oikawa held your hand as you held his. Both of you didn't say much, but words were not needed as the silence was comfortable.

Evening arrived quick. Oikawa brought you to the café when both of you first went out.

"(F/N)-chan, remember that day I first asked you out?"

You nodded. How could you ever forget? It was weird... So very weird... But you loved that day.

"Come to think of it, you seemed reluctant to date me... What changed your mind?" He asked.

You hesitated but told him, "well... I had a small crush on you before... A small crush." Repeating those three words, though amplifying the word, 'small'. Oikawa chuckled and leaned forward. He rested his chin in his hand and his elbow on the table. Oikawa was listening.

"And when you told me that you wanted to go out together... I thought you meant to eat or just somewhere... I didn't think you were actually asking me out.

You treated me so well and you were so nice to me... I just fell in love... And... You... You know..." You stammered.

Oikawa looked like he was about to cry.

"Tooru..? Are you crying?"

"Am not!" He straightened himself.

"What about you...? Why'd a popular kid like you ask a peasant like me, out for a date...?" You teased.

Oikawa grinned. "You want to know?"

"Yes."

"You really want to know?"

You only tilted your head, giving him the 'are you serious?' look.

Oikawa stretched. "Well. Let's just say it happened when I was 6."

"What?"

Oikawa shushed you. "Let me tell my story."

You rolled your eyes but shut up and listened.

"I was 6... In the park... Alone. I think I argued with my parents or something. I can't remember.

A girl pat my shoulder, asking if I was alright. I only huffed, you see? She left, after a pause."

Oikawa was staring into your eyes. Looking for signs if you had memories of that day.

"I was alone again. Then another tap on my shoulder. I turned to shout at her to leave but I only saw a flower... She was holding it, grinning at me. She told me to cheer up and she left. Not leaving her name."

Oikawa took out his wallet. "I knew that flowers couldn't stay long. So I took a petal and put it in my wallet." He showed it to you. It looked wilted, but surprisingly, and almost miraculously, it was still in one piece and not in ashes.

"She was my first love... And my only..."

You froze... His only love... Did that mean that he didn't really love you? No... You hoped not.

"I saw her the next day, staring at the sky, her eyes seemed to shine. Beautiful... But I didn't dare to talk to her, she seemed out of my league... I didn't see her since.

10 years later, I see myself staring at her again. She was still the same... No... She was even more beautiful."

So he found her... Yet he... Why... You felt heartbroken... You couldn't believe how you've fell into his trap. But you listened. It hurt, yes, but you listened.

"I still didn't dare to talk to her. For 2 years I was silent. Watching her, only from afar. I noticed how many guys stared at her as well and jealousy burned... But I was quiet.

And finally, this year, I talked to her. And we have only one more year. Just one more year together..."

He kept his wallet and looked at you.

Silence hung in the air.

"You're telling me your childhood love story... And why is that?"

Oikawa couldn't believe it. Did you really not know?

"And... That girl... Do I know her?"

You really didn't know! Oikawa smiled, "more than you think."

Silence again.

"(F/N)-chan... are you an idiot?"

"What?"

"Are you an idiot?"

"Oikawa, that's offensive."

You're using his last name again... Gosh...

"You're that girl!!" He half shouted.

You blinked, confused. "What?"

"Gosh you're so adorable..." He mumbled. Oikawa took a deep breath, "I've loved you for 11 years. 11 years! And please tell me you remember..."

You didn't say anything.

Oikawa sighed but then smiled. "Well... Now you know... Do you love me more now?"

"I've always loved you." Was all you said.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

[[Gosh. was that cute? IDK. I'm called cute so much it's scary. Jk. No one calls me cute-- /CRAIS silently/ jk. Some do. Jk. I don't know anymore. WiFi still not back. I'm sorry!]]