Chapter 2

Don't forget to vote, leave a comment, and please let me know about any suggestions or errors.

Hope you enjoy!

¥¥¥

Xavier's POV

It's been about five years.

Almost five years since I made the biggest mistake of my life.

Which was letting go of Arii.

Believing that those bloody pictures were actually real.

After Axarii left I began to slack when it came to work. I couldn't even bring myself to try a new relationship or at least get laid while I still believed that she cheated on me. It just wasn't something that she would do.

My own mother wouldn't even let me visit her or my father until I made things right with her and my father agreed. He would always talk about how much he missed his daughter and 'how much of a fool I am to even consider Axarii doing such a thing' when I would try to come over. Wasn't he blaming her too?

And I know that I made one of the biggest mistakes a man could ever make. I was an idiot who was blinded by anger and jealousy that fell for a trap.

By who? I still haven't found that out yet... but I have a few in mind. Axarii begged me to believe her, she swore she didn't cheat and I just turned her away.

After taking a good look at the pictures I saw that the woman in this picture was not her at all. They were indeed edited... what the hell was I thinking?

I've looked everywhere for Arii but it's as if she just vanished from Earth and moved to another planet. I even looked for Winston since there was also no sign of him in New Jersey after our last encounter. So I assumed that they were somewhere together.

My blood still boiled at the thought of them being around one another after all these years even if they weren't dating.

Axarii is my wife.

I wanted to see her so badly. Apologize. Talk to her. Touch her once more. Hear her laugh whenever I'd attempt to cook breakfast or make corny jokes. Even beg for her to give me another chance if I had to. Which I'd do in a heartbeat.

My life is as boring as it was before I met Arii now that she's nowhere to be found.

I watched as cars passed by me as I waited for Mason to hurry up with the coffee. He's been in there for over five minutes! It shouldn't even take that long to get a cup of coffee.

I turned off the engine before I stepped out slamming the door behind me in frustration.
I walked across the street and was about to make my way into the small cafe before I noticed a small figure walking with their hands full. I don't know why but I felt the need to help the girl.

"Hey! Do you need any help with those?" I yelled out as I walked towards her.

"Uh no thanks man, I can handle a little coffee." The girl quickly spoke with an attempt of a deep voice.

I stopped walking towards her and watched weirdly as she began to walk faster.

"Okay?" I muttered slowly before turning to walk in the coffee shop. Just as I made it to the door Mason came barging out looking at me in shock.

"Before you say anything, you didn't give me enough change so I had to stand there like a broke person while an old friend of ours helped me out. Do you know how short on change I was? Four cents!" He exclaimed as he shoved the drink in my hand.