Chapter 2

Inarizaki High School

It was after school hours and since Y/N is not familiar with the neighborhood, she had to wait for Kita's practice, not that she have anything urgent to do. Her mother couldn't fetch her on her first day as a 3rd year high school student due to work. Kita's grandmother watch over her two younger siblings.

Y/N is in the same class with Kita so it was easier for the boy to show around their school, classes, cafeteria and now heading to the school's gym.

"Are you sure you don't mind waiting? My practice usually end late and I still have half an hour before practice start. I could send you home first Y/N"

"It's fine Kita-san. I think I could get to know you better if I watch you", Y/N walk behind Kita holding her bag straps. Admittedly, Y/N felt guilty when Kita could talk freely to her like they've known for years, which is not wrong, but she still feel awkward even after they try to jog her memories of her past, their past.

While walking towards the gym, Kita somehow remember what Y/N told him a week ago when her family visited him for the first time.

Flashback

Kita lead Y/N to her most favorite place to hang out when they were young, the swing at his house. He pull out his handkerchief, spraying some sanitizer on it then wipe it at the seat of the swing. Y/N eyes sparkles at the boy gesture, no one ever did that to her even when they know how much she prioritizes cleanliness. Once done, Kita sat first on the swing and look at her eyes that stare wide and a blush powdered her cheeks which are still visible to him even though she's wearing her mask.

"Please have a seat, Y/N"

"T-Thanks...", Y/N hesitantly seat beside the boy, the swing perfectly fit both of them which cause their shoulders to graze each other.

"I'm sorry for what happened to you", Kita spoke up, looking at the ground. Y/N take off her mask and intertwined her fingers.

"It's okay. Things happened and it wasn't even your fault but thank you. I should be the one that apologize to you. I'm sorry I didn't reply your letters because... I don't remember you"

"I'm glad that you read it at least. I feel much better seeing you again, Y/N. And just call me Shinsuke. You also used to call me Shin back then because Shinsuke was too long for your tongue as you claim back then", Kita pat your head with a gentle smile.

"Mama told me you were my best friend and we used to call and text each other everyday when I was in London. I'm glad that you are my friend", you smile a little and look at him.

"S-Shin-kun?"

"Yeah?"

"Please help me remember you"

Present Time

Kita snap out of his memory when they reach the gym entrance. There was a guy sitting down near the court, eating his onigiri while scrolling his phone.

"Hey Aran, you're early today", Kita greet and walks to his teammate with Y/N follow behind, which cause the guy with a darker skin, different from normal Japanese boys to turn to look at them. The girl behind his captaim didn't go unnoticed.

"Yeah, hey, who's that?", Aran stand up to greet Kita and the girl behind him as to not being rude.

"I will introduce her later when the others arrive. Y/N, you may put your stuff at the bench beside the court, I'm going to change for practice", Y/N nod, feeling awkward being left behind by the only person she knew at the moment. Aran felt uncomfortable with the awkward silence between them and decided to start small talk.

"Never saw you around here. Are you new?", the mask girl nod while keeping her eyes on the gym floor, somehow scared of the big built of Aran.

"Yes... Today is my first. What do you guys play here after school? Shin said that he has practice here", Aran was surprised to hear the girl beside her calling Kita with his given name and more shocked to hear her calling his friend with a nickname which cause his onigiri to fall out from his grasp.

"Wait... Who-"

"Kitaaaaa-saaaaan we're heree!", a ruckus from the gym entrance startled both of them. Kita was done changing at the same time and walk towards the boys, probably going to scold them. One of the boys with grey hair look sad while picking up Aran's onigiri on the ground. He look sad for who knows why. A few minutes later, a number of students enter the gym.

"You don't need to make a grand entrance like that Atsumu-kun. Please change your clothes first for practice and line up once you're done. I have something to tell you", some of the newcomers notice a girl in the gym but the captain order is absolute!

Kita walk towards Y/N who stand alone giggling through her mask at the ruckus earlier. Aran went to change with the others since he was still in his school uniform.

"Y/N, I want to introduce you to my teammates. Are you okay with that? And I have a proposal for you", Y/N was about to answer when a sudden cough interrupt them.

"So who is the girl, Kita-san? You never bring anyone here especially a girl", Osamu tilt his head and the others came in, making a straight line in front of the captain and the girl.

"Let me introduce you guys. This is Y/N L/N, my neighbor and also my best friend. She just came back from London. And she will be our manager", Y/N eyes widen as she stare at Kita. She took her mask off to ask him about being 'the manager' thing but was cut off.

"Wait aren't you Haya? Madonna's protégé?", one of Kita's teammate blurt out, looking back at his phone to search up something. The others stare at the girl beside Kita while she frown at them, feeling uncomfortable with the stares.

"I guess? I don't remember but Mama told me the same thing", a gasp was heard from the boy and he show his phone to Y/N and Kita.

"Yup you are definitely Haya. You went silent after the accident a few months ago", Kita grab his teammate phone and scroll it to get more info.

"So you were that famous young dancer that went viral a year ago! Show us your moves girl!", Atsumu clap his hands and look at you with excitement.

Y/N's POV

"Sure I guess...?", I put down my bag and pull out my phone and a mini speaker. Yeah it was miracle-ly in the bag.

The boys surrounded Shin to give me some space. I connect my phone with my speaker and play a song which was an all-time popular dance song.

When the music start, some of the boys eyes lights up at the intro, recognize the all familiar song and I smirk at them.

"I will show you moves you won't be able to forget"

¶Ps I'm lazy to describe the moves so lets get on the story lol¶

Throughout the dance, some of them cheers and some call out my name to encourage me. Even passers-by stop at the gym's entrance when they heard the noise to look at me dancing. When the song ends, cheers was erupted along with claps and whistles. I could also see a faint blush on Shin's face with a proud smile.

I was bowing to thank the crowd and suddenly I could feel someone grab my hands and squeeze it. A girl with amazement in her eyes are wheezing while squeezing my hands. I tried my best to move my head away from her with disgust evident on my face.

"Please join our cheerleading club!"

28/7/20 unedited¶