Chapter 39

Jacob's p.o.v

I am happy...

Ugh, I'm so happy that I might die, but I'll miss everything if I do.

For the first time in my life, I'm truly and deeply gleeful. I'd never thought I'd be the one to experience such a blissful feeling and this, the feeling of walking on clouds, butterflies constantly fluttering in my stomach and sparks on every tip of my fingers, is truly fascinating. It's beautiful.

Beautiful like the one who's making me feel this way and more captivating than how it's described in romance novels.

The small smile that hasn't left my face since yesterday widens when my eyes find their way to Art's hand that has swallowed mine with ease.

He's holding my hand...

And he hasn't let go despite the odd looks we've been receiving from a great amount of people. It's as if they've never seen two boys holding hands and walking happily around the city before.

They seem so disgusted and their expressions are terrifying, but luckily for me, I have Arthur who encourages me to keep my head high. When the looks get a bit too unbearable, he carefully squeezes my hand as a distraction and I lovingly caress his arm to prevent him from blowing off and hitting other.

Maybe I won't ever be able to say this out loud, but when Arthur goes into protective mode and he lets his dominant side out, it makes me feel hot. Most of the times, I find myself staring at him with heart eyes.

Realizing that there's a crowd ahead of us, I fasten my paces to get a little closer to Art. I really hate crowds.

"You good?" he asks throwing his arm over my shoulder pulling me closer and I grin at the warm feeling.

"Am great" I reply enjoying my ice-cream. Art found it a great idea to celebrate the last day of me being seventeen. I protested and tried to explain why I didn't feel like it was that serious, but it was to no avail. We haven't stopped having fun since we walked out of our apartment this morning.

First, he took me on a date to a place where I could pick whatever I wanted off the menu, then we went to watch a movie that I chose and now we're walking around in the park with our pinkies laced together while I'm munching on ice cream.

"Ready to drink your water yet?" Art asks opening the bottle of water he's been carrying and I'm quick to shake my head.

"Nope, I'm not done yet" I reply and continue to finish my now melting ice-cream. I've been drinking lots of water lately to clear the drugs out of my system. I haven't seen any symptoms other than small headaches and nausea from now and then and I'm grateful that it isn't too bad. I really don't want to become an addict.

Arthur's phone vibrates in my pocket startling me and I swiftly take it out. Totally forgetting it was in there, I hand it to him and he turns it on. He gave it to me when I wanted to take pictures of some nice posters we passed by on the street a while back since I don't have mine at the moment. I turned it off in fright when I suddenly received a call from Candy last night. She even sent multiple messages, but Art told me that it's better if I don't read them.

"Let's go sit over there" Art suggests leading me by placing his hand on the small of my back to a nearby bench close to a pond filled with beautiful ducks.

I nudge Art's arm so he can see the ducks too, "Art, look, ducks" and he turns around looking at the ducks swimming around. "Aren't they pretty?"

"Yeah, they're nice" he agrees observing them, "so what is really your favorite animal cause I thought it was bunnies."