1

"The way she was outspoken or passionate about certain topics made me go crazy for her, I could listen to her speak hours on end. I would never get bored of her. I remember the first time we sparked our conversation in the University's library. We nearly got kicked out because of how loud we were.. well mostly her, I was just listening. It felt like it was just yesterday" he said.

"You have so many good things to say about her why are you guys even here for" the therapist said.

"Well I never agreed, he forced me here because apparently I'm not good at communicating" she said in air quotes.

"I never forced you here, Neera. You went into MY car on your own accord" he crossed his arms

"Oh here we fucking go again, I'm only here because you said it would fix us" she scolded him.

The therapist was writing down a few notes.

"Oh now I see"

FAST FORWARD 4 MONTHS

"Fuck Roman maybe if you weren't such a crybaby this would have never happened" Neera flailed her arms.

Roman sunk into his shoulders and looked to the ground.

"Listen Neera. I tried to help us and you know I cannot control when I cry! So fuck you! Maybe if we kept going to counseling we wouldn't have to worry about our divorce court date" he began sobbing even more.

Neera grew a bit uncomfortable seeing him cry, so she stormed to their room and shut the door.

"You're sleeping on the couch from now on" she yelled

Roman was about to say something back but he clenched his fist and fell back onto the couch and began sobbing into his pillow.

Their relationship had started to fall apart because of jealousy on Roman's part and lack of communication on Neera's part. They promised this would never happen but here they were living in a broken promise.