Chapter 7: Sunsets don't always look very nice,

"But what if he hurts you, Frank?" I say into the phone. He had said he was on his way, but even so it felt like it was taking an agonisingly long time. I kept looking out the window out of fear, constantly seeing the ominous car that parked itself outside of my apartment "I don't want you to hurt yourself because you were trying to protect me."

Frank sighed "Believe me, I'll be fine. As soon as he sees me, he'll drive away. He's a coward who can't face the truth and-" I heard a small sniffle on the other line. Was he crying? "I'm almost there, just try not to worry." His words sounded like they were more to comfort himself, but I went along with it anyway. Knowing Frank, he would probably never admit to crying or being afraid.

After a while, Frank finally arrived, and I breathed a sigh of relief as I watched Marvin drive away. As soon as he opened the door, I tackled him in a hug "Thank you so much Frank. I was so scared, I didn't know what to do. Thank you."

"It's really nothing. I'm just glad you're okay." He pulled away and looked around my small apartment "Woah. It's like a museum in here." The walls, which he was currently staring at, had pictures of me throughout the years along with old relics and things I had collected over the years. There was something on the floor that he picked up "Why do you have a corset?"

My face went bright red as he turned around to reveal the old, slightly worn corset that he held in his hands. I quickly grabbed it back from him "Just something I happened to get from all those years ago, it's nothing really. I-I don't even know why I have it." Of course, he didn't believe me, but smiled amusedly at me anyway "Can you stay here for the night? Y'know, in case Marvin comes back or something?"

Frank looked conflicted, worried even. He looked around my tiny apartment once again "Yeah, sure. But I might need to leave a bit early in the morning... For, uh, work and stuff." I nodded, it seemed understanding enough. Besides, I had work in the morning too, so I would be fine "Uh, it's pretty late. Maybe we should go to bed?"

"Yeah. If you're sleeping on the couch, I can get blankets for you?" I asked, and he nodded in response. After getting a spare blanket and pillow from the closet, I made my way back to the living room and set everything down on the couch "Do you need anything else?" When all I got in response was a shake of the head, I turned to go to my room "Well, if you do, I'll be in my room. Goodnight."

"Goodnight." He sounded a bit scared and timid, which made me smile a bit. It was kind of cute that he was so intimidated by me, when really it should be the other way around. Frank was just way out of my league, and honestly I didn't know what he was so worried about.

.°·*.°·*.°·*.°·*.°·*.°·*.°·*.°·*.°·*.°·*.°·*.°·*.°·*.°·*.

I woke up early the next morning, planning to make breakfast before Frank left for work, even if I was still really tired. Before I could even get out of bed though, I heard him walking around in the living room. At first I had assumed that he had woken up for work, but when I peeked around the corner it was a completely different scene than I had anticipated.

Frank had taken down one of the old pictures I had hanging on the wall and was taking a picture of it. He put it back up where it was hanging and turned to the one next to it and took that one down. I didn't get it. What wad he doing? Why was he taking pictures of my stuff?

I stepped fully into view, his back still turned to me "Frank?" I finally said, and he jumped and scrambled to put back the picture he had been holding "What are you doing?"

"Nothing." He said all too quickly "I-I was just taking pictures of your old artifacts and stuff. It's really interesting and cool."

"Oh." I said. I guess that made sense. God, why did I have to be so paranoid all the time? All I did was worry, I just need to calm down "Well, I was gonna make breakfast before you left for work."

His face softened "Gerard, you... You really don't have to do that." But I was already making my way to the kitchen with Frank trailing behind me. I searched the fridge for the proper ingredients "Really, you don't have to. I can make myself breakfast."

"Well, I have to repay you somehow, Frankie." I said, grabbing the eggs and milk out of the fridge and making my way to the cabinets. Setting down the items I already was holding, I opened the cabinet searching for the flour, finding it almost instantly "Besides, it's no trouble. I woke up early, and so did you."

Even though I repeatedly said that it would be no trouble, Frank still wanted to at least help. So I let him crack the eggs and pour the ingredients in the bowl, but when it came to the actual cooking I insisted on doing it myself. As I searched through the cabinets once again, I smiled as I pulled down what I was looking for "Did you know that olive oil was used as lube in Ancient Greece?" I asked Frank.

He smirked playfully at me "What exactly are you implying, Gerard?" And I just went back to oiling up the pan.

"Just providing some history facts you may or may not find interesting. Who's to say?" After that, I didn't say anymore on the topic, but had a small smile on my face the whole time I was cooking breakfast. Let's just say that Frank would not want to know how I knew that history fact.