Chapter 9: Clouds never did anyone any harm.

The next morning when I went into the coffee shop for my usual cup of coffee, Frank seemed a bit snappy. I could tell the difference from when he treated me like Gerard, his boyfriend, and Gerard, who was just another customer there to flirt with him while he was on the clock.

"You know that it's not that I don't want to do it because of you, right?" I asked. He grumbled something I couldn't quite understand and kept his eyes on the coffee machine "Hey," I said, trying to make myself sound serious. I lifted his chin up with my finger and saw him look at me with a certain helplessness in his eyes. I smiled "You're beautiful. Don't you know that?"

Something changed then in his eyes, the helplessness from before being gone. Frank pulled his head away from my hand and back to the coffee he was making "Stop it. You know how I feel when people hit on me while I'm at work."

I raised my eyebrow "So not even your own boyfriend can call you beautiful?" I watched as he slowly set down my coffee on the counter, considering what I had just said. What was going on in his head? Did he think about things how I think about things? Did he understand any of my decisions? I picked up the coffee cup and took a sip, now not finding the taste as fulfilling as it had previously.

"It's just been kind of stressful this whole week and right when I start to feel better about myself and want to have sex with my boyfriend, he says he doesn't want to and that he isn't ready." I knew that Frank wasn't trying to hurt my feelings, but the way he said it kind of sounded a bit passive-aggressive to me. To make matters worse, he was staring at me the whole time and I tend to fall apart when I'm looking someone directly in the eyes while their talking to me like that "And, hey, I'm so sorry that I can't be up to your standards, Gerard! I mean, you've lived for thousands of years so surely you've seen better!" His voice was dripping with sarcasm.

"It's not like that, Frank!" I yelled right back at him, as much as it hurt me to do so "I really like you, Frank, more than I ever have anyone in my entire life! You accept me and don't report me to the government as soon as I tell you about me not being able to die!" And then he started crying. I don't know what it was that I said to make him cry, but he started crying "Frank, please, I trust you. I trust you with my life, I really do." I tried to hug him, but he pushed me away telling me to go.

And so I did.

.°·*.°·*.°·*.°·*.°·*.°·*.°·*.°·*.°·*.°·*.°·*.°·*.°·*.°·*.

"Mr. Way!" Mrs. Rolinn exclaimed as I came in that morning "I didn't think you were coming in today!"

"Mmmhmmm." I grumbled as I walked through the hall with teenagers hurrying to their classes and slamming lockers all around me "I was just a little late is all." Walking into my classroom, I sorted through the papers on my desk just so I had something to do. I didn't want to think about why I was late.

Ms. Rolinn was standing at the doorway and looking at me strangely, like I was some sort of mythical creature. And I had a feeling it wasn't a good stare "Well, if you need to talk about it I'm right next door." She said warily, and I nodded politely. I wouldn't take up that offer, seeing as she was acting sort of strangely, but at least she was being considerate.

At lunch, I wasn't that surprised to find Frank once again in my classroom apologising for what he did, although I didn't let him "Frank, you didn't do anything wrong. I know that it took a lot for you to build up your confidence to ask me to have sex with you. But I'm not ready yet, Okay? I just need time."

He nodded "Okay. That still doesn't excuse what I said, but I understand. I can wait." I smiled and hugged him, wanting nothing more than to have everything else disappear and have it be just me and him. Soon Frank left, leaving me to have lunch all alone, glad that we had made up and settled this whole thing.

.°·*.°·*.°·*.°·*.°·*.°·*.°·*.°·*.°·*.°·*.°·*.°·*.°·*.°·*.

A month or so later, everything between me and Frank calmed down a bit. Neither of us felt the need to rush anything just yet, and we were fine with that for a while. But soon, my hormones got the better of me, even though I'm far from being a teenager.

We were at Franks house this time and were cooking together in the kitchen when I wrapped my arms around his waist from behind him. He stopped what he was doing, turning his head up to kiss me full on the lips "I think I'm ready." I whispered to him afterwards, as if anyone would hear.

"Yeah?" He asked and I nodded. He smirked "Well, let's go then."