03

"I'm never gonna make it," I said holding an ice pack to my cheek. "Yes, you are" Christina replied.

"I'm the weakest one here" "then you'll be the move improved" I weakly smiled. "You're a candor, you aren't supposed to lie"

She sat on her bed criss-cross applesauce and looked at me. "I was a candor and I'm not lying.

"If they cut me I think my parents would take me back" I looked at Al.

"No, It doesn't work like that. Even If they wanted too their faction wouldn't allow it" Will said.

"Even if my parents would take me back, I don't belong there anymore"

"This is getting depressing, you know what we should do? Get tattoos"

I giggled and nodded my head in agreement.

We walked into the tattoo parlor and looked around. I was looking around until I saw the lady who did my test.

Tori.

I walked over to her. "You remember me right? I just wondering if you could-"

"No" she cut me off. "I just do tattoos" I nodded my head and walked off and picked up a tattoo it had three small butterflies on it.

I walked over too her and smiled, "I'll like this one" she grabbed it out of hand and I followed her.

She put his blue pad on my collarbone and began doing it. "Can I just ask you-"
"You made a mistake choosing dauntless" she cut me off again.

"They will find out about you here" "who? who will?"

"People your a threat too"

"What people? Who Dauntless?" "No, people to society"

"You don't fit into a category they can't control you" "I don't get it, I'm dauntless"

"I'm going to be dauntless. I choose dauntless"

"For your sake? I hope so"

She pulled over the blue pad showing the three butterflies.

The next morning I got up a lot earlier before anyone. I looked around and slowly grabbed my boots and quickly but quietly walked out

I stood in front of the punch bag and stood in the position Eric told me too. I was still a little weak but that didn't stop me. I was determined to make it, I was going to make it.

Soon by then, it was mid-day and everyone was up. We were by the shooting range again with the dummies. I shot every single one and didn't miss it.

We got back inside and I immediately looked at the scoreboard. I was still below the red line but I was moving up. This is good a few more and I'll be right up there.

I stood in front of the punching bag again and went at it. I looked down at my head and saw they are bruised and a little bloody.

I looked over and saw Eric staring at me. He's probably pissed about what I did back at the knife practice. God, he's gotta try and get me killed.

He walked over to me as I continued to punch the punching bag. He stared at me as I kept going at it which made me feel a little uneasy.

"You're getting stronger," he said. I nodded my head. "But you're still under the red line" I stopped and looked at him.

"You're fast which means you could win" "you're not still mad about the other day right?"

He chuckled and stepped closer so he was right near my ear. "I don't get mad, I get even" his lips brushed against my ear and I shivered.

He walked away as his name was being called by someone else. Jesus Christ I'm going to die, I'm going to get killed by freaking Eric. He'll probably take me in the back where my screams won't be heard.

I stood on the train as so as the rest of us. "As dauntless we fight to protect every life inside these fences without fail" four spoke. "That's why we train you the way we do" "to teach you not to give up"

I wanted to give up so bad but I choose dauntless so I have to fight with every bone in my damn body to prove to Eric and to everyone else that I belong here.

The trained stopped and we all walked over and walked towards this enormous fence and walked up the stairs to the very top.

"What's out there," I asked. "Monsters," Christina said. I chucked

"Amity farms" Al replied. "Well yeah I know but beyond that," I asked once more.

"Place that never recovered from the war" Will spoke up.

"Do you know?" I turned my head to look at four.

"Let's just say they built these fences for a reason"

I turned back to look beyond the amity farms. Well, that wasn't the exact answer I was looking for but it will do.

I walked in the halls of dauntless with Christina, Al, and will when we saw Jeanine and her a few more of her faction with her.

"What is she doing here" Will whisper.
"Brown?" She said with a shocked face when she saw me. "You're Andrew brown's daughter? Aren't you?"

"Jordan?" I smiled. "Yes I am" she put her on hand near my tattoo and I jumped at the slight of her touch.

"You made an impressive choice, Jordan" "despite your parents" "and ur test results"

"You've seen my test result?"

"Of course"

"I'm glad you were smart enough to know your own mind" "let me know if ever need anything" she walks away.

She gives me the creeps. "That was weird" Christina points out. "What do you think is going on?" Al asked

"I bet they are hunting divergents" Will spoke. "That's all they talk about at erudite these days"

"Wait divergents are real?" I rolled my eyes at Al.

I walked into the pit and looked at the scoreboard I was right underneath the line one spot away from being in the white.

"1st fight, Jordan vs Peter" are you kidding me? "What?" I asked "Jordan vs Peter" Four said again. I rolled my eyes and walked past Christina.

"Be careful" I turned around and gave Christina a small smile.

Before I walked onto the ring Eric grabbed my arm. "Hey, remember what I said? First shot. Right to the throat and you watch him. He steps before he punches"

I nodded my head and stepped onto the ring. We both held our arms in the fighting position. "You alright stiff? You look like your about to cry" "I might take it easy on you if you cry"

He goes for the punch and I watch his foot as I immediately punch him in the throat and he gasps for air. He stands back up.

I go for another punch but he blocks me. He's grabbed my arm and elbow punched me in the face.

I stumbled and almost lose my balance I stand up but almost immediately getting punched again. I covered my face and ran past him a little.

We are now circling each other again. I go for his arm and put it behind his back and kicked him in the stomach as he kicks my side. He picked me up and threw me across the ring. I tried standing up but he kicked me down.

"Come on stop playing with each other" Eric said.

I stand up. He punches my face and I fall to the ground. My vision was going black. I saw that Eric was walking away.

I look at Peter as he kicks me in the face and everything goes black.