05

After the zip-lining we came back and we all followed into the pit. "Jordan" I looked too who called my name is was Eric.

"Good job on um finding the flag, you did good tonight" I smiled. I guess him
Being nice is a new thing to him.

"Thank you" I took off and walked towards my friends.

"If you mark above the red line you move on to the next stage, but if ur below the red line. We waste no more
time on you" max said. "Here are your rankings"

Please be above the red line, please be above the red line. The ranking showed up showing I was in white part of the section.

I smiled big, I passed. "We made it Jordan" I looked at Christina and hugged her. We did and I couldn't be more proud of ourselves

The following day rolled around and we were out with Amity loading things onto our trucks.

I hopped onto a truck going to pick up another bag until I saw something shining in my eye. I squinted and look to see what it was.

It wasn't exactly clear so I got off the truck and made sure no one was looking before I walked over too it.

I walked into the back and looked around before someone grabbed my shoulder and hid me behind one of the crates

"Mom?" I immediately gave her a big hug not wanting to let go. What was she doing here.

"I knew they would assigned you here sooner or later, look at you. So strong and beautiful"

I smiled, tears were forming in my eyes. "Mom you can't be here" "I know but your in danger" my eyes furrowed.

"What?" "I had to ask you something"

"you weren't sick the day you took your test, we're you?"

"What were your test results?"

I looked down afraid to tell her and afraid how she will react. "They were um inconclusive"

"Divergent?" I immediately looked up at her. How did she know that? Was she one them?

"You can't tell anyone, not ur instructors, friends, you can't trust anyone"

"People have always been threatened by divergents"

"By now erudite are looking for them everyone, they are actively seeking them out"

"Why? Mom what am I?"

"You mind works in 100 different ways, they can't control you, they are scared of you"

"Stage two is the most high risk they are gonna watch inside ur head and see how you react to fear but you can get through it you can fight it. I've seen it happen"

"How do you know so much about" my body was eager to know.

"Do not let them find out-"

"Wait mom were you dauntless-"

"Listen to me-"

"HEY" I snapped my head too see one of the dauntless standing near. "What are you doing?"

I turned my head too where my mom was but she disappeared. "The trucks load, let's go"

I stood in the waiting room for my turn to get my fear tested. I tapped my foot nervously.

Suddenly the door opened and popped out a messed up molly. "What the hell did they do to her?" Christina asked.

I didn't say anything I was to scared. Four stepped out "Jordan?" I looked at him and slowly walked in and she shut the door behind me.

I saw Eric standing in the corner. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "I'm observing everyone's test"

I nodded my head. Great so Eric is gonna see everything I'm afraid of. "I'm gonna Inject you with a serum that process the part of your Brain with fear"

"Awesome" i said sarcastically. "I will be able to see inside your mind and hear everything you say" well this keeps getting better and better.

I laid back and he injected the serum and I closed my eyes. I open them to be standing in a field.

Raining started coming down on me. It was raining extremely hard I could barely see anything. Wind was whipping around me over and over again.

Thunder so loud the ground shook underneath my feet. Lighting struck a few feet away from me. This can't be real.

I took off running trying to get away from this nightmare. I tripped and fell into the ground.

I was now in a small area It felt like coffin, I was inhaling dirt. Am I behind buried alive? "HEY" I screamed. "Get me out of here I'm not dead" I was banging on the top as I kept inhaling dirt.

"P-please" i begged, Tears were forming.  All of sudden I was taken inside of a house. I immediately looked down and  there was no dirt.

I looked over too Eric tied up and gagged with a fabric. "Eric" I asked shocked running to him but something stopped me, It was a glass but it looked invisible.

Max was standing next to him with a gun. "Hey max what are you doing" he pulled the gun back.

My eye widen. "No no max please don't kill him, he's ur partner" he pushed the gun closer to his head.

"Max I'm begging please do not do this" tears were falling onto my face. He shot the gun and I immediately woke up

I looked too see Four and Eric staring at me. Four looked confused and Eric just looked extremely concerned.

I didn't know one of my fears were losing Eric.

Four walked out to get the another person. "Losing me is one ur fears?" Eric asked.

I looked at him I didn't know how to respond. "I guess so" I stood up so I was only facing a few feet from him.

He looked me up and down and stared into my eyes, I stared back. I took my hands and wrapped around his neck pulling him into a hug.

He tensed up at first but his hand snaked around my waist. I took in his scent as I hugged him. He smelled good like a mix of vanilla and something else but I couldn't put my finger on it.

His warm hands slowly went underneath my shirt a little but his hands still on my waist. "I'm glad ur not dead" I whispered into his ear.

I pulled away from the hugged. It was perfect timing as four walked in with someone.

I smiled at Eric and walked back into the waiting room.