17

I was fast on my feet running from the bright light, I slide behind a corner. I stood there for a minute before peaking over the side I see the light searching for me. it spotted me so I ran and ran into some guards.

one of them threw a punch and I caught it twisting it, he hissed in pain. I side kicked him in the stomach while punching the other dude, they both went down and I took off again. I was in a middle of an open a field.

the light shinned bright on me. I was about to run again when 50 people circled me with guns raised. I signed in defeat and held my hands in the air surrendering, one guy came over and was gonna handcuff me.

I took his gun and hit him in the head with it, pointing it at the next person I spotted.

Eric? his eyes widen and everything went black.

-

I woke up in the infirmary handcuffed to the side of bed, great.

Eric sat next to me worried, "why'd you run?"

I looked straight ahead ignoring him and his question.

"Jordan please talk to me" Max walked in with two people behind with guns.

"Don't worry I'm not gonna run i'm handcuffed to my bed" I smiled sarcastically.

"knowing you, you'd find a way to get out of them" I smiled proudly, damn straight.

max sat on the other side of the bed, "I'm gonna ask you a few questions. Can you answer them without the level of sarcasm?"

"Probably not" he narrow his eyes at me shooting daggers. I groaned. "yes sir"

"good, so first question why'd you run?" I look over at Eric also wanting to know the answer.

"I don't feel safe here" I replied bluntly. Eric looked almost as confused as max.

"Why is that?"

"are you serious?" I barked at him. "Jordan." Eric said resting his hand on my shoulder.

I pulled back, "don't touch me" I growled at him, he looked taken back.

"Do you remember when Al and few people tried to kill me? do you also remember when I was kidnapped by Jeanie and Brandon on the same fucking day? Oh and what about the whole Peter thing? it's not safe for me. I fear for my life every fucking day and the one person I thought I could trust just showed me every possible way that I can't"

I mean it's half true. I do fear for my life every day that I'm here, max looked at me emotionless and I looked back at Eric but he was staring at the ground. He knew that I knew

"I see" max stated standing up, "I'll see what I can do about the Brandon situation. there's not much I can do about the Jeanie thing tho"

"thanks" I mumbled.

"why didn't tell me you hunted divergents"

Eric slowly raised his head. "I thought you we're gonna think different of me and never want to see me"

"you shouldn't have lied to me"

he nodded his head, "Please give me a few days to think and be alone"

he smiled sadly but he nodded because he understood, he got up and took a key from his pocket and unhooked the cuffs, he took them and walked away.

when he was out of sight, I lifted my sleeves and see my cuts were bleeding again. shit

I looked over to the side table and saw some wrapping there. I ripped some off and wrapped three or four times over my cuts.

I pulled the sleeves and looked around and saw no nurse. I shrugged and got up and left.

i've been in the infirmary too many damn times.

I walked to the cafeteria ignoring the eyes on me. I knew everyone knew what I did last night.

"Ah there's our escape artist" Will said. I rolled my eyes at him and sat down.

I felt a pat on back and turn around but no one. "uh Jordan?" asked will. he pulled off the piece of paper that was on my back.

I took it from his hands and stared at it, my blood boiled. it was a drawing of my face with a bullet between my eyes and big bold letters said at the top.

kill this bitch.

I stood up and looked around, I saw three boys laughing and looking at me and two of them did the bro thing , I stomped over there and grabbed one of by the hem of his shirt with my fist in the air.

"Jordan put the kid down" I heard four voice go in one ear and out the other.

"Jordan, he isn't worth it"

I roughly let go but not before grabbing him back his head and pinning It to the table. I bent down to his ear

"do something like that again and I'll make sure the bullet go through yours instead"

everyone was staring at me, of course. I walked over to the double doors and walked out.