08

He hasn't said anything for almost 5 minutes. I stand there awkwardly swaying back and fourth on my feet.

"Eric?" I asked. His head popped up at me. "Are you gonna say anything because your starting to freak me out-"

He grabbed my arm and I followed him up the stairs to his apartment. "No one can find out your divergent, if max finds out or Jeanine, they will kill you. You hear me?"

I nodded my head really fast. I don't wanna die. "I'll help you get through it" "what do you mean?"

"I mean I'm gonna teach how to pass the test"

I followed Eric into the simulation room and we both sat in two chairs. He connected a wire to my forehead and his.

His hand move some hair out of the way. His warm hand brushed it past my ear and put the wire on my forehead.

"Ready?" I nodded my head. I'm really nervous but I'm ready. I laid back and closed my eyes

I woke up standing in this field with Eric, "what's your first fear?" "Storms" the thunder boomed throughout the field and lightning strike a few feet from us.

"Okay Jordan, what would a dauntless do?" I looked around "i-I- I don't know"

"Think jordan" my bit my lip and looked around until I saw a shack. I smiled big and grabbed his hand and ran towards it.

"Good" he said as we stopped underneath the top part. I looked down and all of sudden i was back into being underground in a coffin.

I was breathing in dirt again. I was hyperventilating. "Jordan calm down, think. What would a dauntless do? What would I do?"

I slowed my breathing down.

I pressed up against the top and removed my shirt. I looked at Eric and his cheeks were heating up.

I broke the coffin and moved the dirt towards my feet. We both sat up and stand on our feet.

"You did it!" I smiled. I actually broke through that. I looked around again and saw I was standing in a glass box with water filling up.

I stood and looked down as the water was filling up. I saw where the water was coming from and i immediately took my jacket off and stuffed it in the water pumped and the water stopped.

We both woke up back in the simulation room. I immediately sat up and smiled big at Eric.

"Uh" he asked looking uncomfortable. I gave him the tightest hug I ever thought possible.

"Thank you so much" I beamed. "I think you just saved my life" he chucked and he hugged me back tighter.

"Anything for you stiff"

I rolled my eyes, Moment ruined. We both walked out and parted our ways. I walked to the dormitory and laid on my bed and closed my eyes I was exhausted.

I popped my eyes opened and saw no one in here. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at the time 8:45 I widen my eyes I'm late.

I rolled off my bed and rushed to put on my pants and shoes. I ran outside of dormitory with one shoe on. I busted through the door and ran to Christina and Will and put on my other shoe.

All eyes were on me. "You're late" said Eric. "I know I'm sorry sir" "don't let it happen again" I nodded my head.

"Are you serious?" I turned my head to look at some boy I think his name was was Brandon.

"I was late the other day and you gave me 20 laps, why do you treat her different" he lowered his eyes at him.

"I don't treat her different, I just like her better than you" everyone chucked at his respond.

"Now, Everyone stand at a punching bag and start working" we all walked to our own punching bag and started.

"He does treat you different" I turned my head looking at Christina going for another punch and looking back at my bag.

"You think?" I punched on both sides and hit with my foot. "Totally" she said throwing a punch.

"I see they way he looks at you, I knew he treated you different the first day you got here" I don't remember much about the first day but I recall some of it.

Christina slowly turned her to look at Eric and quickly back at her bag. "He's even looking at you now"

I stopped punching my bag and turned around to look at Eric. Christina was right. He was staring at me.

He mouthed "my apartment after" I nodded my head, smiled at him and got back to punching.

We ran a few laps and did some Cardio and we finished. "Okay everyone get out" yelled four.

"Hey" i said catching up to Eric. "Hey Angel" I raised my eyebrow. "Angel"

"Yeah, you like it? I thinks it fits you"

I chucked. "Yeah I do"

We walked upstairs and into his apartment. I collapsed on his bed. He fell right next to me.

"I'm so tired" I closed my eyes for a second. "Me too" he whispered. I rolled over to my side so I could look at him

He did the same. We stayed like that staring at each other. He put his hand on my face rubbing his thumb back and forth

I slowly closed my eyes and just stayed like that for a while. A knock rang through our ears and we both shot up from his bed.

He hid me his bathroom. Another knock, "er um coming" I heard Eric jogging too his door. His footsteps are very loud.

"Hey max what's up?"

"I just want to make sure our initiates did their stage two"

"Yeah, I think they have one more practice before the final stage"

"Okay cool"

I heard the door shut and some shuffling. The bathroom door flung open, "I thought we were busted" I said giggling walking back to his bed.

"Me too" close call I thought. I laid on his bed in Fetus position. he came behind my and put his arm over my stomach and pulled me in so we're cuddling.

I closed my eyes and I drifted off to sleep.