1. It's a beautiful day outside... Let's get to the point

Sans watched as the kid fell to the ground, in a pile of bloody flesh. Were they...dead? What a dumb concerne. They'd better be.

But yet, they still churned around, having about 3 hp left. Sans could have finnished them right then and there. But he still couldn't do it.

His mind wondered to the 41st reset, when they did a pacifist for the first time in a while. And now here they were, reset number 47, still stuck on a genocide path.
He could feel Chara wasn't there. This was all Frisk... Somehow. This past few resets have all been just... Frisk. And now he felt weirdly hopefull. How stupid.

From all the things he was hopeful about, this pathetic being was one of them.

He couldn't stand killing them. Not now at least. He saw right through that body, into the determined soul underneath. And he hoped for something better.

Sans walked to the place where they laid and sat down. He finally felt all the tiredness of the battle, but resested the urge to sleep.

Silence fell over the corridor as nothing but the hard breaths of the child could be heard.

"isn't it weird?", Sans said, more to himself. "how after all this time, i'm still rooting for ya?"

The body next to him turned a little. The beaten up face of the child facimg him. "What?"

"i just want to know what makes you do this again and again. i guess... i still hope i could help."

Frisk took out a candy and ate it. Earning a little bit more strenght, they started talking.

"I guess there's no use hiding from you, Sans. You seem to know everything anyway.... Just... Let me put it this way. Do you really think I fell down that hole by mistake?"

Sans remained silent.

"We both know the answer, no need to act like you don't. "

"then i guess you didn't."

"Exactly!"
Something demonic made its way in Frisk's voice.
"But now I can't just die. I feel like I have a purpose down here. I could help people, I could make friends. But I'm too broken for that."

Sans understood. Killing yourself is selfish when suddenly you aren't the only one in your life anymore. He knew that feeling.

"so genocide is your way of... torturing yourself?"

"Well, you know what they say, pain is more fun together."

"chara used to say that."

"Used to? So you know Chara is dead, at least."

"i guessed that almost completed pacifist run wasn't by mistake."

"I just went to Alphys. She helped 'kill' Chara. Anyway."

Frisk sighed. The most pittyfull sigh Sans ever heard.

"I want to make it all better. For the monsters at least. But I don't know how to fix myself. And if I'm not fine, then how can I make everything else fine?"

For a second Sans wanted to say. "just smile, they will buy it." but stopped.

"how about you do one last reset, go true pacifist, and once on the surface, we'll seek help."

"I DON'T WANT HELP, SANS. I JUST WANT TO DIE."

Frisk's eyes got all watery. "Just... Let me set you all free and then kill me, how about that?"

"jeez kid, i'm not strong enough to kill you." Sans tried to back away.

"Yeah, that's the stupidest thing you ever said. And you said a lot of stupid things."

"fine then, i'll kill you once we're outisde."

"Promise?"

But he didn't have time to respond. Frisk reset, and he, once more, woke up  at his station in Snowdin.

A/N: 610 words, not counting these. It's short, but it's just the first chapter, so... yeah. Expect more than this from the rest.