6. This chapters starts very happily but gets incredibly sad

There's no use saying that Sans left the diner with a big smile on his face. A wave of euphoria hit his head and he spun around a few times before making his way to the buss stop.

He knew he liked Grillby... like a friend. And they always flirted jokingly back in the underground, but that was nothing. They were friends.

'we are friends'. Sans told himself for the thousand time as he got on the buss. Friends. But he still zoned out when he saw how hot Grillby was. And he did dream about the two of them once or twice...
He sat on one of the seats in the buss, as the girl who occupied it before got off.
Friends don't think about the other like he does. And there's no use hiding his feelings from himself.

He liked Grillby. That's it. Just the truth. He had a fat big crush on him.

Shit.

He put his hands to his head, thinking about it. He could tell him. There were only two ways that could go.

Either he likes him back... Nearly impossible.

Or they have a fight and never talk again.

And he'll have to find a new place to stop by almost every day.

And he'll have to deal with the heart ache.

It's settled then. He just has to never tell Grillby what he thinks of him. As if it was that easy...

His thoughts were interupted by his phone ringing. Unknown number. That's weird. Not a lot of people call Sans the skeleton.

"hello?"

"Hello. This is Dr. Smith.... Or you might have heard of me from Frisk as Jennifer? I'm their therapist."

"oh, right. sorry, kinda forgot you wanted to call me."

"Sans Gaster, right?"

Sans' hand froze on the phone. He never used that name. How did the doctor know about it?
Frisk! But Frisk doesn't....

"Mr. Gaster?"
God, he hated it.

"yes, sorry. it's me. yes."

"I do hope you do not intend to help in Frisk's suicidal plans."

"never would, doc. and they told me they felt better so..."

"Yes, Frisk does feel better. They are a very nice person, and we made a lot of progress. They told me this 6 months were kind of a 'trial' period, to convince them it's worth living?"

"yes, that was the deal. kind of. i'm sorry doc, i guess not all patients tell you that they wanted to kill themselves if things didn't work out."

"Oh, you'd be surprised!"

"heh." Sans got of the buss and made his way to his house.

"I do hope Frisk will continue to come here. We have a long path in front of us."

"yes. they'll still come. and i'm not trying to kill them. and they aren't trying either."

Sans felt his sins crawling on his back. The conversation made him really uncomfortable.
Death wasn't a sensible subject for him. But suicide, that's q whole other story.
"Well, I am happy for that. Tell Frisk I said hi. And have a good day!"

Sans didn't have time to say goodbye. The doctor already ended the call.

He rubbed his arms in an attempt to calm himself. He became aware of the scars hiding under his jacket. He hadn't done anything like that in a long time.

Did... Frisk ever harm themselves?

Not his bussines. That's why they talked to Dr. Smith... or Jennifer. Or whatever. He opened the door to his house. Papyrus greeted him from the kitchen. Sans however, went directly to the upstairs bathroom. The one downstairs wasn't finnished yet.

He looked in the mirror. He hated looking at himself in the mirror. That's why he was doing it now.
Sans glew his eye just for the fun of it. He paid attention to the blue flame. It was faint. Not like Papyrus ussualy glows. His are more powerful. He could light up a room if he tried. Sans's was just like a candle ready to burn out.

He hated that the doctor now knew him as mister Gaster. How did the kid know about it anyway? He has to talk to Frisk about it.

But before that...

Sans used his magic to slice his right hand a few times. Enough to make his hp drop, but not enough to kill him. He didn't want that, to kill himself. He didnt really want to hurt himself either. But he couldn't help the need sometimes.

He held his arm above the sink and watched the blood pour. He'll have to bandage it up or Paps will sense it.
His brother had something like a six semse when it came to Sans. He could swear Papyrus can smell if his hp is down.

And this was the fault of that phone call. He was happy before. Serotonin was dancing through his bones. Now it was all gone, making room for the hate Sans felt for himself and self inflicted pain.

As he cleaned the cuts, one thing came to his mind.
'what would grillby think?'