25. This chapter is fluffier than the Fluffy Bunny

Sans locked eyes with Grillby and felt the sadness hover over him again.

"am i really a burden?" Sans found himself asking.

However, he knew the answer already. Grillby would kiss him and assure he loved him. He would say something extremely cheesey and romantic and hold him in his arms.

And indeed, Grillby kissed him and started saying some flirty stuff, before Sans snapped at him. "i don't want this reashuring cute bulshit!"

He tried to wiggle his hands out of Grillby's hold, but the bartender, even though a little confused, did not let go.

"What do you mean?"

Sans was finally able to set his arms free.
"i mean i want you to hit me with the real truth. do i make it hard for you? do you want me to disappear and never come back?"

Grillby looked even more confused. He blinked fast, like it helped him understand better. "Of course I don't want you to dissapear. I care about you."

Sans looked ready to explode. Why didn't the other understand what he was saying?
" i understand you care. but am i annoying?"

Grillby sighed before saying anything else. "Love, do you want to talk about it in private?"

Sans took a look around and realised what made Grillby say that. People were still staring and Emily and Ash did not yet leave their side.

"so you do think i'm a burden. you're ashamed even when you're talking to me."

Grillby was at his limit. He didn't even know what to say anymore. Sans would turn his words on their head anyway.

"Darling, listen to me. You're being delirious, but, if you want to, we're staying right here and we sort things out."

Sans nodded determinedly.

"What exactly do you think is a lie in 'i care for you and i love you a lot'?"

"all of it?"

"Why? Cause you have no reason whatsoever to think that."

Sans wanted to say something. Anger was burning inside of him. Something was telling him that Grillby was just lying and he didn't understand how big the problem was.

He wanted to say some smart remark and get in a fight with his lover. He really wanted to prove he was right and he didn't deserve any of the love, that he was annoying everyone.

Why he wanted this? He wasn't exactly sure. But, as he opened his mouth to say something, only a sob came out. He colapsed into Grillby's hands and cried quietly.

Grillby stiffened a laugh. He moved his fingers up and down Sans' spine and waited for him to finish.

When Sans looked up from Grillby's shoulder, he was smiling again. "well, i'm really good at being a diva, huh?"

Grillby smiled and nodded. "I fell in love with a movie star."

Sans was ready to leave th restaurant when his lover called after him. "On Saturday we go and see the new place, right?"

Sans didn't turn around to respond, but he did a hand gesture that implied he agreed.

On Saturday, at noon, he had his 'in person interview' with the guy from NASA. At the same time, Grillby would go and see the place his new restaurant would be. If everything went well at both the meetings, they would then go together to see an apartment in the same city.

Sans smiled to himself thinking about all this. He was happy; trully happy.

~ time skip brought to you by onion san ~