22. There's a good reason this chapters are numbered, honey...

A/N: Yes, the chapter title should have been "There's a good reason this chapters are numbered, honey, you just haven't thought of it yet." because it's funny to me.

Grillby woke up suddenly, jolting up from bed and holding onto the blanket for dear life.

Sans got so scared his eye started glowing.

"for gods sake, grillbz, are you ok?"

"Sans, is that you?" Grillby asked, reaching out to touch him. Sans got closer to him and immediately got tackled into a hug.

"of course it's me! who else would it be?"

"Oh, Sans!" Grillby was still hugging him. Suddenly, Sans felt tears fall onto his shirt.

"honey, did you have a nightmare?"

Grillby let go, and Sans got off of his lap to look him in the eyes.

"Yes. Maybe because we talked about all the resets yesterday or something, but it was horrible."

Sans nodded. "tell me about it. it will make you feel better. trust me." That was a piece of advice he, personally, never followed.

So Grillby told him everything like a story: him alone jn the restaurant; Sans dying in his arms; fighting with the kid.

"Maybe I'm delirious." Grillby finished. "Maybe it has nothing to do with the resets."

"it has everything to do with the resets." Sans said thoughtfully. "frisk always aims for my ribcage. you couldn't have just imagined that. or that i wear papyrus's scarf around. how would you have guessed? and i..."

This hurt to say.

"after i died. and i died a lot. i always tried teleporting to your restaurant."

"No! NO!" Grillby cried. "No I don't want to start remembering any of this." He gulped, trying not to cry again. "Sans i don't want to know. I dontwant to see the massacre. Make it go away."

He pleaded hopelessly, like Sans could really change it. "I don't want to live knowing all this!"

Sans wanted to say a funny remark like 'welcome to my life.' Instead he just held Grillby's hands. "honey, look at me."

Grillby looked up from the bedsheets and over to Sans. He let go of one of his hands to wipe away the tears, and put it back in Sans's.

"it was a nightmare. maybe you remembered a reset, but that's it. nobody says it has to go on like this everynight." Sans hoped he was right, and these dreams don't come back to hunt Grillby.

Grillby wiped his tears again. "Sorry I'm such a baby."

Sans chuckled. "you're not a baby. we a get scared. it's alright."

He dragged Grillby by the hands and made him fall in his lap. They snuggled together in the bed, silence falling over them.

"Guys, the pancakes are ready!"

Sans immediately got up when he heard Undyne's voice.

"Oh, sorry. Did walk in on something.

Grillby squinted his eyes, looking in Undyne's direction. "No, it's fine. We weren't doing anything." He said a little louder than he should have, like the fact he didn't quite see Undyne made her loose her hearing.

"Sans, love, my glasses fell around here."

Sans blushed and looked around the bed a little, then handed him the glasses. He wasn't bothered by the nicknames, but sometimes they really hit close to the heart.

They got down and went into the kitchen, where Frisk handed both a plate of pancakes.

"Good morning, Grillby." They greeted. "Have you slept well?"

"Yeah." He responded, taking the pancakes.

"i'm surprised you guys haven't burnt the place down." Sans said, looking around the kitchen like he expected it to fall at any moment.

"We did our best." Frisk joked, taking their plate of pancakes and going to the living room where the other were.

Sans made Grillby stay a little more in the kitchen.

"Sans, what? Let's get to the others."

"wait."

Grillby waited.

"i love you!" Sans said all of a sudden.
"I love you, too, that's not a secret."

"yeah, i know. but i just wanted to tell you." he paused for a second. "kiss?"

Grillby bent down a little and kissed Sans, the other immediately responded. They broke away before it became more passionate.

"You're going to make my pancakes fall over." Grillby said, balancing the plate in one hand.

"whatever. i got what i wanted. let's go to the others." Sans said, flashing one of his real smiles.

~ a time skip no one really asked for ~

Sans banged his head on the kitchen table. He was tired, he was hungry and he was done with everyone's shit.

"how do i write a resume including where i worked on the surface if i'm a monster who lived in the underground until last year. humans aren't good at planning things." He mumbled to himself.

He closed the laptop for a few seconds to calm down, and opened it again. The blue light of the screen hurt his eyes and he groaned when he was met with the same resume he tried tl fill in.

"Brother, are you in there?"
What was Papyrus doing up at three in the morning?

"yeah... i'm here."

Papyrus stepped in the kitchem and turned on the lights. Sans covered his eyes.

"don't do that."

"Brother what are you doing?"

Sans closed the laptop for good now, and, unplugging it, he got ready to bring ut with him in his room.
"nothing, i was just going to sleep."

Papyrus gave him an annoyed look. Sans shrugged as he walked past his brother. It's not like he would believe he wanted to apply to NASA anyway.

Once in his room, Sans made sure Papyrus wasn't spying on him from outside the door, and turned the computer back on.

"do i have to specify that i'm filling this in at three in the morning?" he groaned.

He was done. It was probably the fourth time he tried to complete all the papers, just to fail miserably. Most of the spaces were filled with jokes and half hearted answers that he wrote earlier, and now he had to proof read and rewrite most of it.

Why was he doing this anyway? Because Grillby planted the idea in his mind? Did he really want to get a job?

He needed a job.

He let his head fall on the keyboard, smashing the keys.

"tomorrow." Sans whispered to himself, ready to go to bed.

And yet he didn't go to sleep. He completed the forms and sent them in. Even if it was 5 in the morning.

A/N: I never apllied for a job but I did do research on becoming an intern at NASA. They describe it so easily on the site, but lots of paper work are more interesting to write than just completing a half a page form, so yeah. Take it or leave it. See you dears! (1100 words.)