35. Yes, It's Pride 🌈🍃

random A/N: there's this trend going around tiktok with a song that is literally titled "love like you error × ink" and people are using it to show their own gay ships from whatever media they like. It's nothing wrong with it but I'm just weezing cause THIS GODDAMND FANDOM IS EVERYWHERE.

(original video is in the media bar, if you would like to check it out. personally i think it's great. uwu)

More important A/N: I really love this chapter and it gets to 3883 words long omg. I worked on it for a week or two, and rewrote it from start to finish three times. Thank you for (more) than 2k reads on this book. I hope you enjoy. 

Also, leave comments freely, I'm always happy to read them!

See you, dears!

The streets were full of people. Music seemed to come from everywhere. There were so many rainbows that Sans really thought his stomach will turn upside down.

Unintentionally, his hand hovered a little in the air, looking for Grillby's. Of course the fire monster was right next to him. They were holding together a gay flag. They held hands. Grillby looked over to his lover, to see the stress on his face.

"Love, is anything troubling you?"

Sans didn't look at him. He was watching Papyrus and Frisk, who both had such a chaotic energy that day. They were wearing their ace and non-binary flags like capes, running around and complimenting random people. They were full of sunshine.

"no, it's nothing... just a lot of people around i guess." Sans responded. And it was mostily the truth. He was scared people were judging him. He felt like thousands of burning eyes were onto him.

"Do you want to go sit at a table?" Grillby didn't wait for the other to respond. "Come on! I'll buy you a smoothie." He draged the skeleton along with him.

Sans finally looked at Grillby. He was the one carring their backpack, in which they had a few snacks and water bottles. He also wore one of his croptops, which let his perfect abdomen in view for everyone to see. Sans scratched at his arm. Maybe he should have wore something with long sleeves.

They signaled to Papyrus that they were sitting down. He nodded in response.

After they arrived at the parade, all of them quickly realised there was no way they would be able to keep together, so they planned to meet at the concert at eight. Raven went with Alphys amd Undyne, Papyrus stayed with Frisk and Sans with Grillby.

They picked a terrace and sat down at one of the wood tables. The bartender was a nice person. They had a sweet smile and even did a bit of small talk with the two.

"Ok now you can tell me what's actually bothering you." Grillby said, after two smoothies were sat on the table.

"grillbz, it's nothing. i was just looking around. these people... i guess i'm a little anxious that's all."

Grillby gave one of his reashuring smiles.
"Have more trust in yourself, honey. We're here to celebrate. Ok?"

Sans smiled. "yeah, i know. it's just..." He scratched his arm again, feeling the scars under the tips of his fingers.

Grillby's gaze fell on Sans' arm.
"Is that what it is?" He asked, motioning his head to where Sans was rubbing his arm.

The skeleton nodded. He was panicking, yet he didn't know why.

Grillby unzipped his backpack.
"You know, I brought two sweatshirts for the both of us. I figured that tonight,... at the concert I mean... it will be colder."
He pulled out a greenish sweatshirt that Sans recognized as his own.