31. the nights might be rough but the days are always happy

Sans got up from the bed and turned the lights on. He looked at the mess around the room and decided they'd deal with it later.

He looked at Grillby and flashed his eye blue. He quickly checked his hp before exclaiming a very loud "FUCK!". He got back to the bed and sat next to his boyfriend.

Sans put a hand on Grillby's cheek, wiping the blood from his lip with his thumb.

He felt a painful grip on his soul, seeing his lover like that. And it was all his fault.

"i'm so sorry!" he said quietly, continuing to caress his cheek. The words were filled with pity. Grillby closed his eyes and said nothing.

Sans grabbed both his hands into his, and closed his eyes, too. He tried his hardest to use healing magic. He winced and shut his eyes even tighter, trying to get the magic to come out of his body by force.

He opened his eyes and immediately met Grillby's. The hold on his hands loosened.

"i can't." Sans whispered. It hurt him to say it. As nuch as he knew, Grillby was in a life or death situation.

"It's fine, love." Grillby said, his turn to cup Sans's cheek.

"it's not fine!" The skeleton snapped. "it's all my fault and i can't even fix it." Sans sighed, and held Grillby's hands tight again.
"i don't want you dying in my hands."

"Sans, darling, I'm not dying." Grillby gave a small chuckle, yet he quickly regreted. The laugh changed into a cough, and he ended up spitting out more blood. Yeah, he was a little bit hanging on the verge of life, but Sans didn't need more reasons to be worried.

Sans closed his eyes again, and tried desperately to heal him.

The smallest bit of magic came out.
"come on!" He said to himself, in an angry tone. "come on!"

A bit of green surrounded their arms. Somehow, Sans pressed his eyes closed even tighter.
"come on!" He whispered to himself again, making a new wave of magic come out.

A calming green light surrounded the two, slowly taking care of Grillby's wounds. Sans opened his left eye a bit, taking a peak of his boyfriend.

Grillby saw it shine green, the same way it did when Sans was happy. He smiled.
"Hey, look," The fire elemental wiggled around. "I'm better already.

"pfft-" Sans wanted to say something else other than laugh, but his magic stopped. He fell on his back, on the bed.

"guess that was all, sweetheart. i can't do anything else."

Grillby looked at his arms. Even though the wounds were still visible, they didn't quite hurt anymore. He chukled, a little surprised it didn't come out with more blood.

"I love you."

"i love you, too, baby. but i'm so sorry for all of this." Sans looked away, moment in which Grillby hugged him. Sans let his head rest on his shoulder.
"what if i killed you?"

His voice was shaking. Grillby held him tighter.

"But you didn't. And you were able to heal me. And we're here and we're fine."

Sans smiled and they both went back to bed.

Time passed fast. The two barely realised another month went by.

Sans made his way to Grillby's new restaurant right after he finnished work.

He walked around the neighbourhood, to tired to teleport.
He was passing a narrow alleyway when he heard something.