Chapter 9: Ahsoka Tano, Jedi Knight

AHSOKA TANO

"I... how did you find me!?!?" Ahsoka asked.

"I managed to catch you through the force," Obi-Wan replied. "You allowed yourself to be found."

"Well," Ahsoka said, "am I sure glad you found us."

"Us?" Kenobi asked.

"I saw her with a few other Jedi at the docking port," Senator Organa said. "It seems she has a few survivors with her."

Yoda was intrigued.

"Saved others, you did?" said Yoda. "Tell how many, Can you?"

"We haven't done a count-up yet," Ahsoka replied, "But we think there's over fifty of us."

Kenobi's eyes widened.

"You saved that many!?" He said.

"I know it's hard to believe, but a few of the people I encountered helped save others, too. And We saved the Archives and Jedi Records, so the clones can't access them."

"Impressive," Kenobi said.

Ahsoka turned her attention to Yoda.

"I should probably mention that..." Ahsoka struggled to say, "that the survivors elected me the Grand Master of the Jedi Order. I'm... I'm not ready for that, I haven't even completed my training..."

She sighed.

"Maybe you can come with us," Ahsoka continued, "And I can finish my training."

Yoda almost laughed a little.

"No more training do you require," he said.

Ahsoka was surprised.

"Wha- no! I'm not ready!" She protested.

"Only think you are not ready, you do. Ready you are, in reality."

Ahsoka took a deep breath.

"So I really am a Jedi," she said.

Yoda nodded.

"Your actions at the temple were very brave," Obi-Wan said. "You are a very strong and wise Jedi, perhaps even more so than even myself."

A tear went down Ahsoka's cheek.

"So, how did you even get back into the temple in the first place," Kenobi continued.

"I... I had a vision," Ahsoka said. "I had a vision that something bad was going to happen at the temple, so I quickly returned to Coruscant to help. I broke in using my knowledge of the temple layout, and I saved as many Jedi as I could, before I encountered..."

The name popped into her head, and it was filled with the pain she had to bear that was the fate of her master.

"Anakin," she squeezed the name out of her mouth.

"I understand how you feel," Kenobi said, "he meant as much to you as he did to me."

The two shared a moment of silence.

Then, a thought popped into Ahsoka's head.

"Where's Padmé," Ahsoka asked, "how does she feel about this?"

Kenobi took a deep breath.

"She... didn't handle the information very well," Obi-Wan struggled to say, "and... she lost the will to live and passed away."

Ahsoka gasped and started to cry.

"However, before she died..." Kenobi continued, "she gave birth to the children of her and Anakin."

Ahsoka's eyes widened.

"They... they had kids!?!?" Ahsoka replied in shock. "I mean, I know their relationship probably crossed a line, but they went this far!?!?"

"Well-" Kenobi was cut off.

"Where are they!? I can train them!"

"Ahsoka!" Kenobi said. "You must understand their destinies are very... complicated. I think they should go on their own."

Ahsoka took a breath.

"Sorry, I just-"

"Train the Skywalker twins, you will not," Yoda cut her off. "But train those you have saved, you will."

"Wha-"

"Kenobi, do the honor, will you?"

"Sure thing," he replied. He ignited his lightsaber.

What's going on!? Ahsoka thought.

Kenobi raised his lightsaber, as if to strike Ahsoka down. She squeezed her eyes shut.

WHAT!?!? No, what's happening!?

But instead of coming down on her, the saber stopped just above her.

Ahsoka opened her eyes.

"By the right of the Council, by the will of the Force, Ahsoka Tano, you may rise, Jedi Knight."