Chapter 14: Setting Up Camp

AHSOKA TANO

Ahsoka pushed a crate down the ramp like some of the others were doing. She wanted to help out herself, instead of just telling everyone to do and doing nothing herself.

She got the crate into position and opened it. It contained three folded-up tents in it.

"I've got two tents for anyone who needs them," she said. She was intending to use the third tent for herself.

"I need one," Morra Sevarro spoke up.

"I do too," Lyda said.

"Good, I got some for you."

Ahsoka handed the tent kits to both of them, and they went off and set up their tents, while Ahsoka began to prop up her own.

Ahsoka set up the tent with ease. She had trained to rapidly set up camp in the middle of a warzone, and the only difference was that there wasn't a horde of battle droids over the horizon.

In only about a minute, her tent was ready. She still had to bring in her sleeping bag, though.

She looked around and saw that most of the tents had already been set up, and there were still a few people setting up their own. She had waited to put hers up last so she could call a meeting after everyone was set up. There, she would do an official count up, and maybe some training with the younglings.

Some people had chosen not to use tents at all, and instead opt for sleeping back onboard the ship. They could still use the comfy sleeping bags, though.

She got inside her tent and laid out her sleeping bag, then quickly got back out.

She walked over to Lyda, who had just finished setting up her tent.

"Hey. Lyda," Ahsoka said.

"Yes, Master Tano?" She replied in a tone that made it evident she was fooling around.

Ahsoka rolled her eyes.

"I'm going to round everyone up for a meeting in ten minutes. Can I get some help rounding everyone up?"

"Well," Lyda said, "I can't see why you can't just do this."

She then took a deep breath, and yelled,

"Meeting in ten minutes! Everybody has to come! Meeting in ten minutes!"

Ahsoka rolled her eyes.

It took a little more than ten minutes to round everyone up. Nonetheless, everyone had been accounted for. Everyone who had been injured during the Temple raid had now recovered, at least physically.

Everyone sat in the grass in front of Ahsoka, and she got that nervous feeling again. Lux was watching in the back, nodding at her in an attempt to encourage her. She almost shot a smirk back, but she knew she couldn't, or else she would give it away. More than they already have, at least.

"Okay," Ahsoka said, "are we all settled down?"

All chit-chat within the group immediately halted.

"Good," Ahsoka said. "Now sit still, I need to know how many of us are left."

Some youngling started acting as if he were having a seizure.

"You," she said, looking at him, "please behave."

"Yes, Master Tano," the boy said, sitting still.

"one, two, three, four... "Ahsoka took a mental tally as she counted the heads of the Jedi survivors.

"Seventy-one, seventy-two, seventy-three."

Okay, Ahsoka thought, There's seventy-three of them, not including Lux. Including me, that's...

"Seventy-four."

"Alright," Ahsoka said, "There are seventy-four of us left, not including any of the other Jedi still scattered throughout the Galaxy. Now, as you may know, some of the recent events may have left you... scarred, so to say. Each one of you has been challenged, and the challenges probably aren't over just yet. But we have hope. Hope that things will get better. And they will."