Chapter 26: Breaking In

FIRST SISTER (BARRISS OFFEE)

First Sister was in the briefing room when a clone came in.

"Inquisitor," he said, "we believe the Jedi and Senator have arrived."

She turned around.

"How do you know this?" he said.

"One of my men said he encountered two people who said they were from Nal Hutta and didn't get word of the protocol yet. Togruta female and Human male."

"Just as Lord Vader predicted," said First Sister. "And please, fire the person who let them slip past us. I thought they would at least try to be discreet, but I never thought they would try something so pathetic."

"Will do," the clone said.

"And scan the city," she continued, "lest I have to deal with them myself."

AHSOKA TANO

Lux and Ahsoka walked through the streets of Onderon, being careful not to be recognized. If someone were to notice them, that would complicate things quite a bit.

But thankfully, they went unrecognized for now.

They were just about to turn a corner when they saw a squad of Clones coming their way.

"Lux," she whispered, pulling him over to the side.

"Be careful," she continued, "they could see us."

The clones walked right by them, and they faced in the opposite direction.

Thankfully, they were not noticed.

After the squad walked past them, and then turned the corner and started casually walking towards the Unifar Temple.

Ahsoka saw so many things on this street that made her remember about her trip here that resulted with her falling in love with Lux.

There was that outdoor restaurant where she had first gathered the bravery to flirt with Lux, and then there was that one fancy restaurant that caused them some Dooku-related problems.

It wasn't very nice to think about the fact she could be facing something equally as difficult as that encounter.

As they got closer to the temple, there were more and more clone patrols. While the squads were smaller, they were more spread out, and would surely call for reinforcements if disturbed.

"We can't go further," Ahsoka said, "It's too risky. We could get noticed."

"We got past customs," Lux said, "We'll probably get past these guys just fine."

"If the entire city hasn't been alerted there is a Togruta female and a Human male here, which is exactly what they'll be looking for. No amount of disguise can change that. And besides, we're lucky enough that clone at the landing bay didn't recognize us. We need a different strategy..."

Ahsoka looked at a nearby sewer entrance.

"And I think I've found one," she continued.

"Oh, please, tell me it's not the sewers again."

"Sorry, Lux, but when you work with a Jedi, we have do do these things sometimes."

Lux rolled his eyes.

Ahsoka and Lux quickly crossed the road to the sewer entrance. There was an Astromech unit guarding the entrance.

When the droid saw the two, it beeped a few times. Knowing the personalities of droids, this one seemed to be a little cranky.

Ahsoka looked around to see if anyone was watching and turned on her shoto lightsaber, using it to cut a hole into the droid's side, frying it's circits.

Thankfully, nobody noticed.

"Come on," Ahsoka said, opening the sewer pipe, "let's go!"

The two hopped in and closed up the pipe behind them.