Chapter 23: Lux Gets Word

LUX BONTERI

After a long day of scouting the area, Lux was finally ready to head back to the ship.

The events that happened earlier today were... confusing, to say the least. Ahsoka just comes out of the woods with brand new Lightsabers, and some wierd symbol gets burnt into the ground. This place was honestly starting to get a little unsettling and odd.

Lux walked into the Jedi Camp, past the odd marking in the ground, and onto the Crucible.

He went to his room to find his holo-disc was blinking a light. Someone had managed to send him a transmission.

He picked up the disc and turned it on. The image of General Tandin came on.

"Senator Bonteri," he said, "I don't know if you've got this message, or even if you're still alive. But if you see this, I bring bad news. The Empire has captured and arrested Saw Gerrera for reasons we do not yet know. I repeat, the Empire has captured and arrested Saw Gerrera."

Lux's eyes widened.

"If you are still out there," the message continued, "I request that you and Ahsoka come and help to release him if you can. Be wary, it could very well be a trap. However, I believe it is worth the risk. It is also worth noting that we have near-unanimously decided to carry out operations against Imperial targets. Saw Gerrera is one of our best commanders, it would be crucial to have him be here to help lead us. Help us, Senator Bonteri, you're our only hope."

The message flickered out.

Dear kriff, Lux thought, I need to tell Ahsoka!

AHSOKA TANO

Ahsoka was standing out in the grass practicing her moves with her lightsabers. She never realized how much the curved grip fit her, and it felt so easy just to swing the blades around. Whenever she closed her eyes and took a deep breath, she felt like she had the strength to conquer even the toughest opponents.

Then, she heard the grass rustling behind her as someone ran towards her.

"What is it, Lux?" Ahsoka asked.

"It's Saw," he said, "he's been arrested!"

"What!? How do you know this!?"

"General Tandin sent me a message," he said. "He says it's urgent."

"Wha- Lux, this is exactly what I said would happen! Oh god, that Sith is going to be there, and-"

"Ahsoka," he said, "We need to move soon, before he gets transferred to somewhere more high-security, or even worse, executed. Besides, you've beaten Dooku, Grievous, Bane, and a bunch of others. We have to do it, Ahsoka, for Onderon."

Ahsoka took a deep breath.

"But the younglings-"

"I already talked to Lyda about this," she said, "She said she's willing to take charge for a few days."

"Well," Ahsoka continued, "She's not- well, I don't want to say she's not as good of a teacher as I am, but who am I kidding, we all know that's right."

"It's just for a day or two," Lux said, "we'll be back here before you know it."

Ahsoka closed her eyes and took a deep breath, allowing the force to guide her to the right descision.

She opened her eyes.

"I'll go."