Chapter 32: Running for it

AHSOKA TANO

Ahsoka, Lux, and Saw darted through the halls in the Unifar Temple.

Unlike a few minutes ago, where the halls were empty, they were flooded wit Clone Troopers.

Fortunately, however, Ahsoka cut through them with ease. She sliced a lot of them down, and whichever ones she didn't get, Lux and Saw blasted them down.

"Let's make for the maintenance room," Saw said after blasting down a squad of clones around the corner. "there's a sewer entrance there!"

"Nope," Lux said, "Not going back in there."

"Then I take it that's how you got in," Saw said.

"Here," Ahsoka said, picking up the helmet of a dead clone. "Put this on. It should help you breathe better."

"But these masks only filter out smoke," Lux replied, "not toxins!"

"But it'll smell better," Ahsoka said.

"Fine," Lux said, putting the helmet on.

Ahsoka giggled.

"Oh come on," he said. "What is it?"

"You're a little short for a Clone Trooper," Ahsoka said.

"No time to be silly," Saw said, "we gotta run!"

"Got it," Ahsoka said, as they started sprinting down the halls.

Eventually, they came to the maintenance room where they had first entered. Ahsoka opened the lid.

"Come on," she said, "let's go!"

Saw jumped down, and Lux reluctantly climbed down the ladder. Ahsoka jumped down as well.

"You were right," Lux said as Ahsoka closed up the hatch. "This thing really does help!"

"Told ya," Ahsoka said.

They walked through the sewers towards the entrance they came from. Hopefully nobody would have notice that their Astromech had been stabbed.

"Geez," Saw said, "it really does smell in here. I can bare it, though."

"Good," she said, "because Lux here couldn't."

Ahsoka couldn't see through the mask he was wearing, but he probably rolled his eyes at that.

Eventually, the two came to the exit hatch.

"Alright, we're here," Ahsoka said. "Lux, get Saw to safety. I've got a little... something I left here."

"Huh?" Saw said.

"Sorry, Saw. This is goodbye from me. If I go with you to the rebel hideout, I risk exposure. And if this happens again, know that I cannot help you. I have my own path to follow."

"And that is?" Saw asked.

"This might sound insane, but I rescued a few Jedi during the attack on the temple."

"So that's why you disappeared overnight," he said. "You know, I thought you kicked the bucket when that shuttle crashed."

"I've survived more than one ship crash," she said. "My master could hardly fly anything larger than a fighter without a vulture droid crashing it."

She tried to hold herself together at the mention of Anakin.

"Ahsoka," Lux said, "What do I do after I return Saw to the hideout?"

"Get in the ship and get back to the Jedi Camp," Ahsoka said. "I'll be right behind you."

"What exactly are you planning," Lux asked.

"Oh," she said. "You'll see."