Chapter 31: No Will to Fight

AHSOKA TANO

With every second that passed, Ahsoka was less and less willing to fight her old friend. 

Sure, Barriss had fallen to the Dark Side, but Ahsoka just couldn't get herself to try to kill someone she once thought of as a friend.

No, she still did.

There was still good in her, and Ahsoka knew it.

"This isn't you, Barriss!" Ahsoka said between blows. "Snap out of it!"

"I feel more like myself than I ever have!" First Sister replied.

"Well then you are lost!" Ahsoka shouted, charging at Barriss. Ahsoka forced herself to try and land a blow, but was deflected.

"Lord Vader said it would be good to have you by our side," First Sister said, "But I'm pretty sure it'll be easier to just kill you and get on with it."

"Why do you want to kill me!?" Ahsoka said. "I did nothing to you, it was Vader who got you imprisoned!"

"What!?" First Sister replied.

"Barriss, he's Anakin!" Ahsoka shouted. "Vader is Anakin!"

"Do you think that changes anything!? If anything, I'm glad he saw I was right!"

"Then you have truly lost yourself to the Dark Side," Ahsoka said, wiping a tear off her face.

Their lightsabers clashed once more, but First Sister managed to shove Ahsoka to the side. Ahsoka responded by trying to kick her, but she avoided it.

"I can sense your will to fight is fading," First Sister taunted. "I knew you wouldn't try to kill me once you realized who I was."

Ahsoka's face was covered in tears. First Sister charged at her. Ahsoka tried to hold her ground again, but failed. First Sister's spinning lightsaber knocked both of her lightsabers out of her hands.

First Sister kicked Ahsoka down to the ground.

"This is the end for you, Ahsoka."

First Sister raised her lightsaber to deal a killing blow.

So many thoughts rushed through Ahsoka's head, like how she would have lead the group of Jedi survivors, had it not come to this.

First Sister brought her lightsaber down on Ahsoka, and she clenched her eyes, shut, waiting to fall into the embrace of the Cosmic Force.

But then, Ahsoka felt a strong wind-like force brush past her. She heard First Sister grunt, and the deactivation of her lightsaber.

Ahsoka opened her eyes. She saw First Sister was knocked to the floor, with her lightsaber a good few feet away from her.

Then, Ahsoka turned her gaze to Lux.

He had his arms out and his eyes clenched shut, as if to push someone.

Problem was, he was a few meters away from where First Sister had stood mere seconds earlier.

What the kriff!?!? Ahsoka thought. Did he just- no, something else happened. He could not have done that.

"Lux, Ahsoka, we need to go," Saw said.

Ahsoka looked around and saw all the clones were dead, having been picked off by Lux and Saw.

Lux opened his eyes and lowered his arms.

"Wait," he said, looking at Ahsoka. "Wha-- what just happened? She was there, and she was about to kill you, and now she's-"

Sirst Sister got back up and reignited her lightsaber.

"It's probably nothing," Ahsoka said, "we gotta get out of here!|

First Sister charged again at Ahsoka, who used the force to pick her lightsabers back off the ground. She quickly ignited them and managed to shove First Sister into a cell. Ahsoka quickly used the force to turn on the ray-shield, and First Sister was stuck in the cell.

"Oh, you've really done it now," First Sister said, "Just wait until Lord Vader has to deal with you!"

Ahsoka ignored the threat.

"That should buy us some time," Ahsoka said, "let's go!"

Lux aimed a grappler at the ceiling.

"Bad idea, Lux," Saw said, "There's a one-way shield. We gotta go back into the temple"

"Got it," they both said at the same time. Lux put away the grappler and they ran back into the Unifar Temple.