Chapter 35: The Test

LUX BONTERI

Lux was sitting in the room he slept in on the Crucible, when Ahsoka walked in.

She had changed back into her traditional Jedi robes, but of course was still wearing her tiara.

Once the door closed behind her, Lux quickly ran up to her and kissed her. He felt her face pressed into his, and they held each other as if they never wanted to let go.

"Oh," she said, "I can't wait to marry you."

"Yeah," he replied. "I know we'd probably have to hide it, but we could work that out."

The door slid open behind them. Lyda walked in.

"About that..." she said.

"Please," Ahsoka said, "please knock. And don't eavesdrop on us."

The door shut behind Lyda.

"I just came to tell you that Katooni found out about you two as well. If you plan on hiding this relationship, you'll have to be a lot less obvious. In fact, everyone might know, given the fact you two showed up together out of nowhere at the temple. Oh, and need I mention Ahsoka was wearing a combat suit that's normally only worn by Onderonian royalty? That there just gives it away."

Ahsoka looked a little fearful. Lux also felt so.

"Hey," Lyda continued. "If you want to allow for relationships, I'm all for it. I just don't know how many people will be too."

"Well then," she said, "Lux... has saved me from the Dark Side more than once. The thought of losing him, the thought of not being able to have him if I turned... that's the only thing that brought me back from my darkest moments. I think... I think it may be a good thing to have someone to love, even if you are a Jedi. But you'll have to have the strength to push through heartbreaks, or even losing them altogether."

"It can work though," Lyda said. "I'm sure about that."

"Also..." Ahsoka said, looking back at Lux.

"Something happened on our mission. Lux... well, he kinda sorta..."

"What?"

"He used a force-push."

"What!?" Lyda and Lux both said at the same time.

"Wha- I thought you did that!" Lux said.

"I was laying on the floor about to die, and then you were there, looking like you pushed her, which you did."

"Push who?" Lyda asked.

"Barriss," Ahsoka said, "she serves the Empire now."

Lyda's eyes widened.

"I... oh my kriff... first Anakin and now her? You must be really... oh, Ahsoka, I'm so sorry you have to go through all this..."

"I know," Ahsoka replied, "But I have to be strong. For the sake of everyone here."

"Well, you were saying something about Lux," Lyda said.

"Oh, right," Ahsoka walked over to the desk and picked a datapad off of it.

"I believe that Lux might be force-sensitive. I know a force-user when I see one."

"No," Lux said, "I am not force-sensitive. I would have known. The Jedi would have known!"

"There are countless beings in the Galaxy," Ahsoka said. "It just so happens that sometimes, they don't find someone."

She pulled the datapad out of her pocket.

"So," she continued, "I want you to tell me what you think is on this datapad without looking at it."

"Er, okay?" he said.

Ahsoka pulled up an image of a speeder.

"Uh, speeder?" he said.

Ahsoka swiped at the datapad to show the next picture, which was a thermal detonator.

"Uh, a thermal detonator?"

Ahsoka swiped to the next image.

"Loth cat?"

And the next.

"A plate?"

"An astromech?"

"A Bantha?"

"A Vulture Droid?"

"A lightsaber?"

"A Clone helmet?"

"A chair?"

"Lux," Ahsoka said, "You... you got them all right."

"No way," Lux said.

Then, Ahsoka suddenly pulled out something and poked Lux with it.

"Hey," he said, "What was that for!?"

"A blood test, to see your Midi-chlorian levels."

"Midi-wha?"

"They're tiny beings living inside our cells that are very attuned to the force. If you have enough of them, you should be force-sensitive."

"Well, what are the results?"

Ahsoka looked at the datapad.

The results were as expected.

"It's true, Lux," she said. "You are force-sensitive."