Chapter 20: Wandering

TUYA LANA

Tuya creeped behind the tents of the Jedi Camp, so as to not be seen. She slowly made her way towards the woods that the camp was right next to.

She had always been one to like exploring, but Master Tano had said that there was to be no "sneaking off."

Of course, Tuya broke that rule.

There was always something charming to Tuya about going into the unknown and finding what may be there, so exploring a whole new planet was a dream come true.

However, being a small yellow Twi'lek, she was easily spotted. Thankfully, if someone did see her, then by all means they shouldn't be there either.

Tuya slipped between two trees and entered the woods.

Immediately, she noticed the place was teeming with tree-like plant life. Thankfully, the trees didn't seem to have any obvious evolutionary defense mechanisms.

Tuya walked through the woods and found a rock to sit on in a small opening.

She looked around and soaked it all in.

Surrounding her was quite a lot of woodland. She looked around and saw what looked like a few bird species.

She then listened to her surroundings. In the distance, she could hear some chatter from the Jedi Camp, such as Master Tano's unrelenting encouragement to the younglings she was training right now. Tuya also listened to the leaves ruffling in the wind.

She took a deep breath in, and could smell a sweet, floral-like smell.

She then realized this was an excellent time to meditate, so she sat with her legs crossed and closed her eyes.

She was only a few minutes in when she felt someone, or something, approach her.

She quickly broke from her meditative state and stood up, reaching for her lightsaber, in case it was some vicious animal.

A bush near her started to rustle. There was something inside.

"Hrnnk!"

Morra Sevarro fell out of the bush and into the grace. Tuya tried her best to contain her laughter.

Morra looked up.

"Tuya!?" She said. "W-what the kriff are you doing here!!"

"I could say the same for you," Tuya argued.

"Scouting the area," Morra replied. "Seeing if there's any creatures to worry about, or if there's any Younglings who have snuck off."

"Listen," Tuya replied, "I just like nature, okay!? In fact, this was the perfect spot for me to meditate, which was what I was doing, and you forced me to stop it!"

Morra sighed.

"Look," she said, "Master Tano wants us to stay close. There aren't much of us left, so if even one of us were to wander off, they could never be seen again. We don't want to lose anyone."

"Then I can take a commlink or something," Tuya replied.

"Listen, just get back to camp, we'll sort this out later!"

"Okay..." Tuya reluctantly obliged.