Chapter 29: Sneaking Around

AHSOKA TANO

The two emerged from the maintenance room, and Lux had his blaster ready, in case there was any clones in the hall.

There wasn't any.

They walked down a hallway. Ahsoka passed the room that she had slept in during her mission here to protect Lux. Oh, the memories...

Eventually, the two came to a set of stairs. There still wasn't a clone in sight.

"I don't like this, Lux," she whispered. "There should be guards all over this place, but there's nobody here. No clones, no royal guards... something's off."

"Well," Lux whispered back, "why else do you think I have my blaster out?"

"Good point," she replied.

The two stopped at the floor of the temple's Prison.

"Shouldn't this be heavily guarded?" Ahsoka said.

"Well," Lux said, "It's probably a trap."

"Do you think that's going to make me feel any better?"

"Just have your lightsabers ready!"

Ahsoka rolled her eyes.

"Why am I still following you..." She remarked.

The two opened the door to the prison complex and ran past the cells. They were all empty, and the ray shields were off.

Eventually, the two came up to a cell that was on. Lux looked inside.

"Saw," he said, "we're here to rescue you!"

Ahsoka looked inside the cell, and sure enough, Saw was inside.

"Wha-" Saw stuttered. "You shouldn't have come, it's a trap!"

"You think we don't know that?" Ahsoka said.

"Guys," he continued, "It's not just clones, there's a-"

"Freeze!"

A few squads of clone troopers turned on the headlights on their helmets.

"Looks like clones to me," Ahsoka said.

She was proven wrong quite quickly.

The clones stepped aside, and a figure in a suit and mask stepped out. She was quite obviously female, from the looks of her. Both of her shoulder blades had the Imperial insignia on them.

But something seemed quite... familiar about this figure. But it obviously wasn't Vader, so who was it?

"Welcome," the figure said. "We've been expecting you."

Ahsoka stood with her hands on her lightsabers, ready to turn them on.

"Who are you," Ahsoka asked.

"That doesn't matter," the figure said, "I've been looking forward to getting my revenge for what you did to me. I just want to let you know that it's not over yet, kid."

"That's it," Lux said before Ahsoka could reply, raising his blaster. "I'm not going to let you harm Ahso-"

Lux started to hover in the air. He dropped his blaster and put his hands over his neck, squirming around to try and break free of the choke. The figure had her hands clenched in a chokehold,

Whoever this was, she was definitely a Sith.

"Stop!" Ahsoka screamed.

She dropped Lux, who fell to the floor and grabbed his neck, gasping for air.

"Make me," the figure said.

Ahsoka turned on her lightsabers.

The figure then proceeded to pull out an odd lightsaber hilt, which appeared to have a ring going around it.

She turned on the saber, and blades came out of both ends. Then, the lightsaber started spinning.

"Mine can't do that!" Ahsoka exclaimed as she backed up.

The figure charged at her.

Ahsoka stopped the charge by thrusting her lightsabers into hers. Thankfully, the lightsaber stopped spinning instead of knocking Ahsoka's right out of her hands.

Ahsoka pushed against the figure's saber, knocking her back.

"I'll ask this again, who are you!?" Ahsoka yelled.

"I do not have a name anymore," the figure said, "Now I only go by the name given to me by my Master: First Sister."