Chapter 27: Meanwhile at Camp

LYDA RAN

Lyda was watching the younglings play around. She had let them goof off or do whatever, since she knew Ahsoka would be back soon. If she returned, that was.

she didn't really bother trying to train the younglings, since she knew she could never live up to Ahsoka.

She felt someone nagging at her leg, and looked to see it was Katooni nagging at her.

"Really?" Lyda said. "You're really following everyone around, aren't you, little one?"

"I just want master Tano to come back," Katooni replied.

"Don't worry," Lyda said, "she is strong and powerful. After what she did for us, I have faith she'll be able to do this, too."

"You're right," Katooni replied, "But... why is she gone?"

"Someone Ahsoka and Lux used to work with got captured by the Empire," Lyda continued.

"Who?"

"Saw Gerrera," Lyda answered.

"So they went back to Onderon?"

"Yes," Lyda said, "I mean, it's obvious that's where she came from, given that fancy outfit."

"Hey, Lyda?"

"Yes, Katooni?"

"Ahsoka and Lux seem... close. Too close. I've heard that's not a thing Jedi should do."

Kriff, Lyda thought, They really are that obvious.

"Well," Lyda said, "I don't want to tell you a lie, so... just don't tell anyone, okay?"

Katooni nodded.

"You see, Lux and Ahsoka... they're engaged."

Katooni nodded again.

"I had a feeling," she said, "but... why would she break a Jedi rule?"

"Technically she did leave the Order. I take it she's sorting out whether or not to continue her relationship with him."

"Well, they do go together quite well."

"So you think it's for the better that they stay together," Lyda said.

"Yeah," Katooni said, "I... I have a feeling. I know it was the right thing to do. So long as you don't allow your feelings to cloud your judgement, that is."

"Good," Lyda said, smiling.

Then, a thought popped into her head.

Maybe, she thought, maybe it's time for the Jedi to start having relationships, if those two are so successful...

FIRST SISTER (BARRISS OFFEE)

"Have you found anything yet?" First Sister asked to a clone.

"No, sir," he replied. "There has been no sign of the suspects since they first entered the city."

"So they are trying to stay hidden," First sister continued. "That doesn't matter."

"So," the clone said, "what are we going to do?"

"Leave the prisoner unguarded," she said, "but be ready to pounce on the suspect at first notice. If her master has taught her anything, she will waltz right into the trap and think she will be able to succeed."

"I trust in your abilities, but we're dealing with someone who survived the attack on the Jedi Temple and managed to send out a message. Are you sure you'll be able to take her on single-handedl-"

The clone stopped mid sentence and grabbed his neck, struggling to breathe. He fell to the ground as the Inquisitor force-choked him.

"To question me would be to question my masters," she said, "And you wouldn't want to do that, would you?"

The clone obviously couldn't respond, as he flopped to the ground dead.