Chapter 19: A Little Worried

LUX BONTERI

Lux sat on board the Crucible. He had opted to remain sleeping in the ship, and Ahsoka had given up her room for him. The sleeping bags were quite the improvement from the cots from previous nights. Still, he couldn't deny that sleeping away from Ahsoka felt like missing something. He missed wrapping his arms around her, stroking her Lekku, relaxing her whenever she was scared...

As if on queue, Ahsoka walked in the room, startling Lux.

"Please knock next time," he said.

"Why should I?" Ahsoka remarked.

Lux rolled his eyes.

"Either way," she continued, "I came here to tell you something."

"What is it?" Lux asked.

"The visions," she said, "they won't stop."

"What!?" he said. "B-but the whole temple thing is over, right!?"

"Well, yes," she replied, "but... I've been having visions about... other things..."

"Like what?"

She sat down on the sleeping bag with Lux.

"I had a dream where you and I were rescuing Saw from prison, and... I saw a Sith, but it wasn't Vader. It felt like someone else I knew, but I can't put my finger on exactly who it was."

"So... our adventures aren't over?"

"Nope," she said. "Then again, I don't know what else I expected from leading a group of Jedi survivors."

"Well," Lux said, "I was hoping to catch a break... Oh, how I wish I could just spend more time with you..."

"Oh, and speaking of our relationship..."

Lux braced himself for some bad news. Ahsoka looked like she was about to tell him something he might not exactly like. The thought of what that news could be terrified him.

"Lyda found out," she continued.

Thank kriff she didn't say we're breaking up, he thought.

"What?" he replied.

"She's willing to let it slide, though," she continued. "She herself said she had a crush on Captain Rex, so we're good for now. My only worry is that others will catch on."

She let out a sigh.

"Look," Lux said, "Just because someone found out doesn't mean we can't still be together. In fact, since we're alone..."

He quickly pulled her in and stroked her lekku, kissing her neck while doing so.

"Nyuhh..." Ahsoka let out a moan.

Lux pinned Ahsoka to the floor and pressed his lips against hers.

The two held each other tightly. Lux storked her Lekku and rubbed her back.

"Oh," she said, "That feels so good..."

Lux fell to Ahsoka's side, and they cuddled there for as long as they could.

But before things could go any further, Lux got up.

"Oh come on," Ahsoka said, "stay!"

"I'm sorry, 'Soka," he said, "people will start suspecting things. Besides, you've got a training session with the Younglings in a few standard minutes."

Ahsoka gasped.

"Oh kriff," she said, "I totally forgot!"

She quickly stood up.

"You're right, Lux," she continued, "we can't exactly spend that much time together anymore."

"But we can try," he said.

"Oh, we will try."

The two shared one last kiss before Ahsoka scrambled out of the room.