Daddy Issues

GOTVELVET SHIP: Jaebeom x Yeri
GENRE: angst / horror
SONGSPIRATION: Daddy Issues by The Neighbourhood

• • — — — • •

Jaebeom had memorized every single detail about Yeri.

Right from the scent of her hair, the color of her eyes that would hint what she desired, her lips that emit the sexiest moan he had ever heard in his entire existence, the feeling of her porcelain skin against his rough hands, and the softness of her palms when they make contact with his body.

Every little thing about her,
he adores.

Every little thing about her,
he worships.

Yeri is his addiction.

Having to live under the care of no one, Jaebeom had sworn to himself that he will protect the woman who will make him his heart beat again — and so, that is what he did with Yeri.

They were both carrying the weight of the world. With no one to rely on, they got used to drawing their attention to themselves and no other, but had still longed for an affection — an affection they were deprived from but had now found it in each other.

They both hated the day. They hated it since they had to work on things separately — Jaebeom works as a barista while Yeri studies at a university.

They both love the night. The loved it for it is the time they get to feel each other's warmth, and it is the time of the day where they are reminded of the fact that they have each other now.

For two years they lived in a warm abode. They would fight over the silliest things when the sun's up, but eventually will find reconciliation when the sun's down.

But not tonight.
Nor the past few nights they have spent.

For five months now, the home that was once warm had became cold.

"Jaebeom, you have to let me go."

"I can't. You know I cannot live without you and I would die if I lose you, Yeri. I love you."

Tears were once again pooling in his eyes.
He tried reaching out for her but she takes a few steps back.

"You already lost me, Jaebeom! You already lost me that night where you have decided to gamble all our money away. Don't you remember?"

"I remember it clearly and I regret it which is why I am trying my best to make up for it. I am saving up now."

"That's no use Jaebeom."

"Why? Please just let me fix this."

"How are you supposed to fix this when it is all over now? How are you supposed to fix this when I am already dead!"

And for a while, he went silent. He remembers everything clearly in his head. He remembers that night he had gambled away everything until he had none to offer, so in exchange they took his most priced possession — the love of his life. And for months now, he chose to erase that specific moment when Yeri had taken her last breath and live on believing that Yeri's ghost is real.

"Please, Jaebeom, let me go. Set me free now. I am tired. Let me rest"

She had never stopped loving him.
But she has to go somewhere else now.
She lived a tough life,
and now she is a few inches away from paradise.
But Jaebeom won't allow that.

And just like the other nights, Jaebeom refused to let her go.