Love You Goodbye

GOTVELVET SHIP: Mark x Yeri
GENRE: angst
SONGSPIRATION: Love You Goodbye by One Direction

• • — — — • •

"Let's break up."

Those were the words that repeatedly rang inside Yeri's ears, numbing every system present in her body.

Those words were also the same words that she had repeatedly told Mark a few months ago.

She had insisted on pushing Mark away, afraid that Mark was just like any other guy she had dated before, but Mark stayed. He fought hard to keep their relationship going.

But now, the tables have turned. Mark has now given up and Yeri was the one trying to save their relationship.

"I am tired, Yeri."

"You said we could work this out, right?"

"We did. But not all loves do last. Maybe I shouldn't have made the effort of insisting to work this out so we wouldn't have to come to this point."

Her tears had begun clouding her vision, she couldn't even feel anything as her body starts to feel numb.

"No, no. Mark please. Let's talk about this. Please."

She tried snatching the clothes Mark was packing in his bag, but Mark resisted and went on with what he was doing.

"Yeri, there is nothing to talk about anymore. If we try to force this, you will just end up hurting more."

"Mark, I know this isn't you. Why are you so cold? What did I do? Was there something that I did? Mark, please let us give this another shot."

Yeri had barely finished her statement as she spoke in between sobs. Her knees already on the ground, hands tugging onto the hem of his shirt, desperately trying to make him stay.

"Get up."

Every single word that comes out of his mouth were so cold that it was enough to make her shiver.

How could life be this unfair?
She thought.

How is it when he begged me to stay, I did. But now that I am the one at the receiving end, he resisted as if he does not love me anymore — as if he never loved me at all.

"Tell me, Mark. Why do you have to be so unfair? When I pushed you away several times, you would always pull me back in and I would always end up giving in to your plead, but now that I am the one who's begging, you won't even show a little mercy for me."

"Because this is different, Kim Yerim."

Even by the mere sound of him addressing her by her full name felt like the knife he had stabbed her the moment he wanted to call it quits was being twisted to hurt her even more.

"You stayed because you love me. Right now, I am ending this because I do not love you anymore, Yeri."

She felt like another heavy material was placed above her chest. It was so heavy that it surprises her that she still manages to stand on her feet properly.

How could she still manage to feel the pain even if her body has been numb from all the tears that had rolled out of her eyes?

Then regrets suddenly came flooding all over her system.

I shouldn't have pushed him away back then.

I shouldn't have picked fights with him.

I should have been there every time he needed me.

I should have let him know how much I love him.

But it's all too late now.

"Okay. Fine. I'll set you free. But please, before you step out of this apartment, could you possibly give me one last kiss."

She thought that maybe if they kissed for the last time, she will be able to tell that he was lying all along — that he actually still loves her.

She went for it and tried claiming his lips. Her lips moved as gently as possible, making him feel the love she feels for him through the kiss. However, he was unresponsive.

Her lips were warm.
But his were cold.

And that was the moment she had confirmed it.

She lost him.