Breathe

GOTVELVET SHIP: Mark x Wendy
GENRE: fluff, slice of life
SONGSPIRATION: Breathe by James Arthur

• • — — — • •

The moment he shut his eyes close, all events that made him anxious came in fast like a flood into his mind.

He remembers how he was so anxious about not being good enough for someone. That there will never be a person who will stay and love him for who he is.

He remembers how he was so anxious about failing. That presenting his thesis to the panel and receiving a failing mark would end everything he had planned for himself.

He remembers how he was so anxious about the first job interview he had. That he will mess everything up over and over again until he won't even be able to land a single job.

He remembers how he was so anxious about not being a responsible man of the house in the future. That he will fail as a husband to his future significant other and a father to his future children.

All these thoughts had drowned him away until he got lost.

And then he hears a familiar laugh. It was that laugh that had placed him back on track and supported him all the way. It was that laugh that brought comfort to him all these years.

Then comes another fit of laughter. It was that laugh that made him realize that anything is possible. It was that laugh that gave him the courage to carry on.

Slowly, he had opened his eyes and all the worries had instantly dissipated.

The sight of a beautiful woman running around the shore with two kids welcomed him, and so he had realized.

He realized that there is someone who will make him feel as though he was enough. That someone could accept him despite all of his flaws and love him and every single thing about him.

He realized that he is not always going to fail just because he had failed a couple of times before. That things might not go as planned at the beginning, but it will eventually lead you to how you had forecasted it or perhaps lead you to something greater.

He realized that you do not have to pass all the interviews especially the first few interviews you have done. That eventually you will have a stable job and even excel greatly in it.

He realized that he could actually be someone whom he had never thought that he was actually capable of living as. That he would be the best husband to his wife and father to their children.

The love of his life and their children was the greatest gift he had ever received.

He was able to get through everything all because of them.

His lips were soon pressed against his wife's lips, and she responded to it with the same intensity that proves enough that they do love each other a lot.

"What was that for?"

"A thank you for being my breather when I get lost in my own thoughts and end up forgetting how to actually breathe."

Today was perfect. Just like the other days that he had spent with his family and the next days and years he will be spending with them.

"I love you, my Wendy."

"I love you too, Mark."

He plants a small kiss on her forehead when suddenly he felt someone tug on his shirt.

"Papa. Mama. Wannie and I are already hungry."

"Okay pumpkin. Let's go back inside the house."

Mark had scooped up Yennie in his arms while Wendy carried Wannie.

"Let's go."

And like the usual, Wendy and Mark raced up back to the house, laughing along with their kids in their arms.

It is such a perfect day.
It is such a perfect life.