Lost Stars

GOTVELVET SHIP: Jackson x Irene
GENRE: fluff, slice of life
SONGSPIRATION: Lost Stars by Adam Levine

• • — — — • •

'Who the hell does he think he is?'

'Jackson Wang, who is that guy even?'

'He cannot even sing.'

'His songs don't even deserve to top that charts!'

Hate. That was what some people were throwing at him when all he ever wanted was to express himself through his works and inspire people with his music.

It gets tiring sometimes. Especially when he's alone and there is nothing that could entertain his mind to keep it off from the hate he reads on social media.

A lot of people love him.

His family, his friends, his staff, his girlfriend, and his fans — they love and support him.

But sometimes even if the foundation may be strong, the negativity will come rushing back in like a tidal wave — ready to crash down all the strongest structures that were built with love.

His intentions are as pure as his soul. He pursues his dreams with a purpose and not just out of vain.

His dark thoughts were washed out and the cold breeze that once enveloped him disappeared as he felt the warm embrace of the woman who had stuck by his side through thick and thin.

"Finally. A smile on your face."

Irene had always stuck around Jackson's side ever since they have met.

He was always living a life full of doubts. He would often ask himself if he did the right thing. That choosing life as an idol is really what he needs rather than the life he was supposed to have if he did not stop fencing. He questioned everything about his life and like any other, he wondered what is the real meaning of all of this.

But when Irene came into the picture, everything had finally made sense for him. She had made him realize and see the beauty that this life has to offer which made him continue to live on and not worry about the road he is taking now.

She is his life support.
She is his compass.

"I honestly would not know where would I be if you did not come into my life, Irene."

"Jackson. What is it? I saw you spacing out a few minutes ago, what's bothering you?"

He smiled, his gaze following his hand caresses her soft cheek.

She knows him so well.

"I have stopped thinking about this for a long time now but just out of nowhere, it hit me. I'm starting to question my life choices again. I was drowning in my own thoughts and then like the usual, I am saved by your warm embrace from completely drowning in those thoughts. Should I actually be afraid of becoming too dependent on you?"

"My love, there is nothing to be afraid of. I will always be here by your side to support you and be your backbone whenever you feel like you are about to melt away. This path you have chosen, I can tell it is the right one."

Her voice — he loves how it makes him calm, how it soothes everything.

"I wish I could lend you my eyes for a moment to show you how amazing you look when you are on stage performing not just for your fans or your family, but for yourself. Being in the music industry is what makes you happy, genuinely happy."

"You sure do know the right words to put my heart and mind back at ease."

She was that one star that tried to shine the brightest amongst all to light up the darkness that surrounds him, and she has succeeded well on shining on him and showing him that he is indeed taking the right path.

"Irene, I think it is time. Let's get married. Marry me, my love."

There was hope in his eyes,
and confusion in hers.

Not that she doesn't want it.
God knows how she had waited for this moment to come, but she does not want to be selfish.

She wants Jackson to continue achieving all those things and watch him be happy with his success, and tying the knot won't help him achieve that — at least that is what she thought.

"That look on your face and your eyes say it all. Irene, you do not have to worry about me. I have achieved so much now and the next thing I want to be able to achieve now is becoming a wonderful husband to you and a great father to our kids. I love you, Irene. Always."

And with a simple nod, Irene had made Jackson the happiest man in the world.

"I love you so much, Irene."

"I love you just as much, Jackson."