Out of My Mind

GOTVELVET SHIP: Jinyoung x Seulgi
GENRE: action, angst
SONGSPIRATION: Out of my Mind by Day6

• • — — — • •

"As promised, the lion has been put into a deep sleep. Now, the prize?"

Her stares were cold as ice that with the mere act of her eyes staring blankly back at his was enough to send shivers down his spine.

He should probably be used to this by now, considering that they have already been doing this for two years now.

Jinyoung was known for his wealth and his greatness within the business industry. When a person's eyes lay upon him, there is nothing else written on it but pure adoration. When a person's mouth speaks about him, all that ever comes out are praises for the man who was able to establish a good position for himself in life.

But little do they know that behind those smiles of his, lies the smirk of a man who has taken down whoever dares to take the throne away from him — and that is where Seulgi steps into the picture.

Jinyoung and Seulgi live in two different worlds.

Jinyoung gets to live in the limelight while Seulgi lives in the shadows.

She was once just a mere pawn of his that he uses to silence those who are to overpower his greatness.

Not until that one night they shared a bed to fill in the void that lies in their hearts.

For her, it was a simple one night stand.

But for him, it was something else.

How could she not fall into his hands?

A lot of people would kill to be his significant other, but Seulgi was not one of them.

He uses all the deals he makes with her as an excuse to see her.

The satisfaction he feels when a potential threat has been silenced for good is what drives him to do what he does, but now, it's different. He is not after that kind of feeling anymore. What makes him feel ecstatic about silencing rivals was the thought of having to work with the woman he loves — Seulgi.

"Seulgi, why won't you stay for a little. Have a drink with me and perhaps discuss a few matters with me."

"My only concern here is to claim the prize. Now give me the money so I can leave."

"Seulgi, why can't you just drop this life and be with me? I can give you whatever you want."

The sight of a handgun being pointed at him was not an unusual sight for him.

"I have already told you, Jinyoung. I do not want to be with you. I am only here for the money, so do me favor and just hand it over so I can leave."

He stood from where he was seated, his height now towering over her, hand reaching out for her wrist only to snatch the gun away from her and have it pointed right through his head.

This was the first time he had ever held a gun and it was definitely the first time he has ever pointed it towards her.

However, it does not even scare her off.

He tries to search for any sign of her being terrified or shaken, but she remains all composed and unbothered.

He wanted to give up.
Loving someone like her was pointless.
But he could not stop himself.

He wants her.

He loves her.

"Why can't you just love me back? Please. Give me a chance."

His heart was already worn out from loving a woman who does not even give a single damn about anything other than killing and being paid for it. And yet, he still chooses to fight and believe there is a chance when there's none.

"See? It wasn't so hard to hand me over the damn envelope. And also, could you do me a favor? Stop hiring me and pick someone else. I am starting to get tired of this bullshit."

She walked out of his office, leaving a man's heart completely crushed for the umpteenth time.

It was not the first time Seulgi had ever said it. Definitely not the first time she had straight up told him about getting tired of all of the things that have got to deal with him.

It would always end up this bitter for him, but he still chooses to live this way rather than not being able to see her at all.

It was safe to say, he has gone completely out of his mind.