What if Love

GOTVELVET SHIP: Youngjae x Seulgi
GENRE: fluff
SONGSPIRATION: What if Love by WENDY

• • — — — • •

From busking in the streets, to open mics at bars and restaurants, to small gigs, to the recording studio, to their first-ever sold-out concert — Young Soul had always been an amazing duo, stealing the hearts of many with their powerful voice and melting the hearts of people with their personally written songs.

Tonight, Seulgi and Youngjae had the studio all to themselves to finish working on their second album.

Youngjae had played a demo of the song he had just written yesterday, worked on the production early in the morning the same day, and now being listened to by his partner.

"So how was it?"

Youngjae had asked which was honestly completely unnecessary since Seulgi had always been supportive of his works and approves of it in a heartbeat.

"It was good. They said we should at least work on six songs for the mini-EP but you have made eight songs. I am impressed. Who inspires you, huh?"

"What makes you think I have an inspiration?"

"Well, you literally just finished working on eight songs within three days."

Youngjae wanted to deny it. He could easily turn down her claim and say he was just really in the mood to write songs.

But it was not the reason at all.

And perhaps it is already time.

"Youngjae? You okay?"

"I wrote those songs for you."

"No, Seulgi. What I meant was that you were my inspiration in writing those songs. It is all for you."

The smile had disappeared as she tried to let what he had just said sink into her mind. And slowly, her lips started curling downwards forming a small frown.

"In case you haven't noticed. The songs, if outlined perfectly, is a story and a confession. And all of it is about you."

Silence had never been so nerve-wracking, in fact, it has always brought him comfort, but this case was different.

Until Seulgi finally had broken the silence.

"I do not know what to say. I don't think I am ready for any of this, especially considering that it's with you. That it's about us."

"Well it is going to be my first time as well. Well, that is because for all my life it has always been you. Back from the time when we were still planning to start busking in the streets and up until this very moment, it has always been you."

His voice nearly cracked out of nervousness. He knew this day would come wherein he had to finally open up about what he truly feels for Seulgi after just bottling it up for years now.

"Is there someone else?"

"No, Youngjae. It's just I had been so busy with chasing after my dream and never had I once thought about anything like it."

"I had always been there for you, wasn't it obvious yet."

"I am that oblivious, Youngjae. I don't think I can do this yet."

"Then I will wait for you. There is no need to rush this and yourself. I am willing to wait for you."

Finally, a smile made its way on her lips which had eventually put up a smile on his face as well.

He knew this wasn't just a one-sided kind of love. And that he will wait until she is ready enough to admit it to herself.

He can tell that she does feel the same way from the way she looked at him with that sweet smile of hers.

It is love.