The Forest Chapter 25

ALICE

I'm stuffed, I notice Aiden giggling in the corner with a can of lager. I glare at everyone to see who gave it to him, no one owns up. I sigh, he shouldn't drink with his medicine.

I tell everyone we are going to bed. I get Aiden up the stairs but he's weaving all over the place. I finally get him in the room and lock the door.

I'd better take him to the toilet. I sigh, it's like taking care of a giant toddler! He tries to stand on his broken leg and nearly falls over. I hold him while he's doing his business, blushing.

He doesn't notice, he's completely out of it. I clean him up shyly and get him to the bed. When I'm sorted I get in next to him. I've changed into a night dress from the bag mum gave me on the way up. I just left Aiden in his undies.

I snuggle up to him but he's not asleep. Let's just say things got steamy that night. In the morning we wake up and continue where we left off. I'm trying to keep it PG here, use your imagination!

We are left alone till lunch when there's a knock on the door. "Hey sleepy heads, you missed breakfast, don't miss lunch. Remember Aiden's medicine." It was Mum. She leaves without expecting a response.

I extract myself from Aiden's arms after giving him another kiss. We weren't exactly sleeping. Well I suppose for Aiden's sake we should stop and get ready. He needs his medicine and we are both in need of food.

I help him get washed and dressed, it takes a bit longer because we get a bit carried away in the shower. Well anyway moving on. We are clean and dressed after an hour.

We get downstairs smiling happily to each other, still a little bit flushed. Brian frowns at us, looking at our obviously different behaviour. Mum clears her throat.

We all sit down for lunch, Matt's place isn't a B & B while we are here. We all start making plans while we eat. It's decided that Aiden and I will stay another week while mum prepares my old room to take two. There's no way we're getting separated.

Mum had bought us some clothes yesterday so we had a few changes. It feels like our honeymoon, but we weren't married yet. Everyone else had to go back to work, even Matt. Mum offered to pay for the room, but Matt refused.

So I said he had to let me help with the house work, which he grudgingly agreed to. Then Brian offered to pick us up on Sunday which is only a few days away. But I want to stay a bit longer so Aiden can go to his follow up appointments, before being transferred to a London hospital. So we get to stay for a week and a half, yay!

It's much more relaxed chatting with everyone today, maybe because we are getting used to the homely feel of this place. Plus we got rid of all that excess energy earlier! When I say goodbye to everyone they are all crying but I assure them I'm not going missing again.

Even Aiden tries to say bye, it doesn't quite work but it's a good attempt.

"Ggģgbbbbb" Aiden's attempt of goodbye is a big improvement.

By the time I see them again he'll be talking. Aiden wants to help too so Matt lets him dry dishes sitting at the table while he washes up. I help put everything away, we're a good team.

Later on, Frank pops in. I really wanted to meet that guy again. I think Aiden will like him.

"Hello dear, it's good to see you alive and well!" Frank says as he walks in.

Again a big hug. He hasn't seen Aiden yet so I bring him to the dining room. Matt encourages him to sit down while he gets the tea and biscuits. Frank directed a look at Aiden with his sharp eyes.