#1 - Oblivious

Streching my limbs as far as I possibly can, I slouch uncomfortably but sleepily in the chair, waiting. A couple other strangers sit in the waiting area also.

I sigh whilst staring down the clock on the far wall trying desperately to move the hands so time will speed up.

1:39AM

Shouldn't she be here by now? Her flight from Australia should've landed half an hour ago. She's been studying there for a year and is finally coming back home here in Seoul. I wasn't born in Seoul but moved here from my hometown Daegu 2 years ago.

I got here early just so she wouldn't complain about me leaving her at the airport.

Her name is Dea, and she's one of my best friends.

Along with her, I live in an apartment with our two other friends, Hayoon and Songmin. The 4 of us have lived together for 2 years now, but for a year it was just me, Hayoon and Songmin. Now it'll be the four of us together once again.

I would say I'm the only one in the airport but it seems as if other people have late flights too. They hurridly shuffle on their feet with suitcases dragging behind them to get their tickets or to the bathroom before going on long houred journeys.

Growing more and more impatient I pull my phone out of my pocket and click on our chat.

Jiyeon
shouldn't you have landed by now?

Dea
my flight got deylayed, I'm still on the plane

Jiyeon
how long will you be?

Dea
an hour probably

Jiyeon
wait what?

I came early just so you wouldn't
have to wait!

Dea
sorry Jiyeon, please don't leave!

I dont want to be alone when I arrive

Jiyeon
alright fine

god my butt hurts

this is all your fault

Dea
love you too

I huff and shove my phone back in my pocket. Great, so now I'm stuck here for another hour. I should probably kill some time.

I stand to my feet, slightly losing my balance due to tiredness threatening my eyes to close. I jerk them open and blink, before walking over to the little coffee takeaway shop on the side. After taking a gulp of my coffee I already feel more awake. This should keep me going for another hour.

Heading back to my chair I take a seat, having small sips of my coffee every now and then. And to entertain my boredom I pull out my phone.

An annoyed voice however cuts off my relaxation from behind me. It sounds like a guy, who is not impressed to whoever he's talking to on the other side of the phone.

"Wait what? You guys left?"

There's silence as whoever's talking probably is trying to defend themselves.

I hear footsteps from behind me growing louder and louder and the guy comes into view. He wears a grey t-shirt, ripped jeans, a bandana on his head, white mask, yellow tinted glasses and a bag on his back. He stands not so far from me listening to whoever's speaking on the other side of the phone.