#22 - Baby steps

"Of course we're having a concert, it's our last week in Seoul, in Korea! We have to put on a show before we leave." Jungkook happily answers when I confront them about having a concert.

The boys all arrived back from rehearsal not so long ago, and they were all sweaty and tired. All of them took showers and freshened up before joining me in the living room. 

Yoongi agrees with Jungkook, slumping down next to me on the sofa. "You can come with us."

My eyes widen. "What?"

He chuckles at my reaction. "Why is that so surprising?"

"Dea, Songmin and Hayoon bought tickets. If I go they'll see me!"

"Relax Jiyeon, you won't be watching in the crowd. You'll be watching from the sidelines. You'll hang with us, backstage." Hoseok replies with a grin, as he leans onto the side of the sofa.

Oh. Won't I just get in the way? I mean a wheelchair isn't exactly the right thing to bring with staff and group members running all over the place.

"Won't I get in the way?"

Yoongi shakes his head. "You'll be fine. I think you'll probably be on crutches by that time anyway."

"You have crutches?"

"No, but I'm sure we'll figure something out." Jin smiles and carrys on flicking through the TV channels, stopping when he hears the loud laugher of a sponge who lives in a pineapple under the sea.

I groan, folding my arms. "I hate this."

Yoongi turns to me. "You don't want to come?"

"No I do, but not with a wheelchair or anything. I just want to walk freely, with nothing having to help me." I really have the urge to just start running but that would probably be a bad idea, because then I'd be asking to be in a lot of pain.

Yoongi tilts his head sideways. "Well, I guess you could try and take baby steps."

My eyebrows jolt upwards. "Already? Really?"

He shrugs. "Why not?"

Jin grimaces. "I don't think that's a good idea, not yet anyway."

"Come on hyung, she should at least practice. She won't know if she doesn't try." Yoongi reasons with him.

Jin exchanges looks between the two of us. He knows it's a bad idea and honestly I do to: my leg and hip still hurt. But if I don't get my legs moving even a little bit, they'll become stiff and just ache even more. I need to get my adrenaline pumping again.

"I think she should try, so we can see how much she's healed so far." Namjoon nods and agrees with the two of us.

Yoongi claps his hands together, and jumps up off of the sofa and to his feet. He spins back around and extends both his hands. However before I can connect them with mine, he stops, and his head tilts again. A little grin appears on his lips and he takes his hands away, and puts them somewhere else.

A yelp leaves my lips when he scoops me up into his arms, his one hand under my legs and the other around my waist. My hands automatically go around his neck and I stare at him with wide eyes.

Well, I did not expect this.

"If you need us for anything, don't." Yoongi simply says to the others, who also stare at Yoongi like he's gone crazy. Which his has, as you can clearly see.

He swiftly moves on his feet out of the room, with me still in his arms. I haven't uttered a word. I'm just waiting to see what his plan is exactly. He stops when we're in the hallway, where the doors to all of their rooms are, including my temporary one.