#11 - The hidden gift

"Today was the best day of my entire life!" Hayoon squeals as we arrive back at our apartment.

They still haven't gotten over how they actually saw the BTS in person and were at the same restaurant as them.

"Mine too, and I thought today was going crap." Songmin laughs whilst placing her shopping bags on the kitchen table.

"That was such a coincidence! What are the chances that BTS would go to the same restaurant as us?" Dea wonders.

I nod. I can't seem to get him out of my mind. And not in a good or fangirly way, I mean in a concerned way. His attitude just completely changed in like 5 seconds, and it stayed like that until we left.

He completely ignored me, and when we left he didn't spare me a glance. They others did though and gave me little smiles which I returned, but him? Nothing at all.

"And you, Jiyeon! Yoongi spoke to you! How cool is that?" Hayoon says excitedly in my ear.

I laugh with less enthusiasm. "Yeah, really cool."

She frowns. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, just a little tired." I do a fake yawn so they will believe me. Hayoon shrugs and bounces into the kitchen still excited.

"Yoongi looked a little sad though." Dea frowns whilst resting her arms on the kitchen island. "He barely cracked a smile once."

"Maybe it was about that sasaeng accident a month ago, and is now a little more self conscious when going out? He must be shaken up by it." Songmin considers.

Hayoon and Dea nods. "Atleast he wasn't alone and had the boys with him." Dea adds.

"Or maybe he was just having a bad day." I suggest whilst shrugging.

I know that's not true though. Because when I saw him earlier he was in a perfectly good mood, so what made it change? Did he not like the food at that restaurant or something?

"Maybe that too." Dea considers my suggestion. "I hope he's okay." Songmin and Hayoon agree with her words.

I nod, staring hard at the counter. "Me too."

***

Ever since we came back, I can't help notice my mood has deflated.

Yoongi's attitude really affected me and I have no idea why. It's quite concerning to be honest.

How can your mood change just like that? Maybe that's one of his traits, but there has to be something behind it.

I sit cross-legged on my bed in my pyjamas, tapping my finger on my leg. I think I'm just overthinking it all

I glance over to the earrings and hat sat on my dressing table and frown. Maybe he wants his hat back? Okay, now I'm just being stupid.

When my eyes flicker to the earring box, I can't help but smile. But then something else crosses my mind. Didn't he say something about the box?

I stand to my feet and walk over to my dressing table, picking the box up in my hands. I lift the lid to reveal them sparking up at me. I carefully lift the spongey part the earrings are sitting in.

There's another folded-up note.

I take it out, placing the box back on the table. I unfold the paper and become a little confused.

This time there's no words on the paper, but instead there's numbers. Eleven numbers.

He gave me his phone number?