#6 - Earrings

I examine Yoongi's hat in my hands, running them along the fabric. My fingers touch the cool sensation of the smooth metal from the three rings pierced in them.

It's a pretty nice hat, but why would he give it to me? Mind you he can probably afford many hats, probably has already bought a lot of them. And he just casually gave it to me. I wouldn't be able to give something to someone you've only met twice.

I keep what Sejin said to me in mind - I need to cover my face in public. It may not seem a big deal but it is to them types of fans. They're probably trying to find me right this second, so I have to try and avoid going out until necessary.

My thoughts are then interrupted, and I place the hat back on my bed when the doorbell sounds.

I hear feet scurrying to the door, and a voice yelling, "I'll get it!"

Hayoon opens the door just as I step into the living room area, peeping my head at the door to take a look at who it is. Dea and Songmin are already sat in the living room and are also looking.

Hayoon closes the door again, but this time she has something in her hands. It's a little box, wrapped in a simple red wrapping paper, white ribbon wrapped around it and a bow on the top.

Hayoon walks towards me. "It's for you." She hands me the box.

Huh?

I arch an eyebrow. "I didn't order anything though."

Hayoon shrugs, just as confused as I am. "The delivery guy said it was addressed to a 'Jiyeon'."

"Did he say who it was from?" Songmin asks, and Hayoon shakes her head no.

I take off the ribbon and undo the bow, unwrapping the red wrapping paper to reveal a little grey box with a silver lid.

What the hell?

"Well open it, you can't leave us in suspense!" Dea looks down at the box with curious eyes.

I lift the lid up to reveal its contents.

They're earrings.

Rose gold, dangly flowered ones, with little crystals embedded in them, which sparkle even when the light isn't bouncing off them. They look like quite expensive ones too. The four of us gasp and stare down at them in awe.

"Woah." Songmin breathes. "Are you sure this was addressed to Jiyeon?"

Hayoon nods. "Positive."

"Why would someone give me this?" I wonder clulessly. Who would give this to me out of the blue? Maybe it was sent to the wrong address.

"Maybe there's another girl named Jiyeon living in the building and it belongs to her." I take a wild guess.

I then notice a little folded piece of paper, placed in the corner of the box. I place the lid and box down on the coffee table and take the paper in my hands. I begin to unfold it, and it's a note, a handwritten one.

I know these probably aren't the ones you bought, but I hope they make up for it. Sorry again for pushing you.

- Y

Yoongi.

I can't help the enormous smile slowly growing on my face. He went through that time and effort just to buy me new earrings to make up for the ones I lost? I didn't think he'd do something like this. I also didn't think there was any need to repay me.

I immedietly want to thank Yoongi somehow, but then I don't see how that would be possible considering I don't even know where he is currently.

Dea takes the note from my hands and reads it, Hayoon and Songmin peering over her shoulder and doing the same thing.

"Who's 'Y'?" Dea questions whilst looking at me.

I look at her innocently. "I don't know." I snatch the note from her hands and grab the earrings, scurrying off to my room.

I hear the three parrots following my footsteps right behind me, making sure that their question gets answered.

"Jiyeon who is it?" Songmin asks.

"I don't know!" I repeat my words, peering down at the hat sitting on my bed.

Yoongi gave me two things which I didn't think he'd give me. He doesn't even know me, and I don't know him that well either, other then the fact that he's extremely famous. He really is full of surprises, isn't he?

Songmin sees my eyes do this however and in return hers narrow. "You're hiding something from us, aren't you?"

"No." My voice does not sound convincing.

"Song Jiyeon." Dea's stern voice fills my ears and she stares me down, coming closer and closer to my face.

Because Dea's the eldest, at times she can become incredibly scary. And she also can become incredibly adorable. Which is why we always do what she tells us, so in that case she's like the mother of our group.

I can't take this pressure she's dwelling upon me anymore and I burst. "Okay fine! But you have to promise, promise that you will not tell a single soul." Now it's my turn to be stern and Dea looks smug that her motherly stare made me break.

"We won't tell anyone." Hayoon says, and gestures with to me with her hands for me to say it.

I take a depth breath in and look at Dea. "You remember last week when I was telling you about that boy I met at the airport?"

Dea's face goes from stern to lit up with excitement in an instant at me mentioning his existence.

"Was it him that sent you the earrings?" She hopes, and I nod.

She and Hayoon gasp and immediately begin to squeal in delight.

Songmin begins to smile at my flustered self.

"That's so cute Jiyeon! See, that wasn't so hard to say now was it?" Dea laughs at me, shaking her head and dissapears out of my room.

Oh.

Guess they still don't need to know after all.

"Now can you tell us his name?" Hayoon starts to beg once again.

Well now I have to think of a random name beginning with Y. And now I can't think of anything except Yoongi. Great.

I go silent for a while, thinking to myself for a name that will convince them. I think I'm being quiet for too long because Songmin starts to raise her eyebrow at my mute self.

"Yongsun."

Ah, there we go! A random name beginning with Y. That sounds believable, right?

Songmin drops her eyebrow back down and then begins to smirk. "Hmm. Yongsun. Interesting." She gives me a wink and exits my room.

"How did this Yongsun know that you didn't get your earrings though?" Hayoon questions.

I stutter for a response. "Because...we exchanged numbers! And I messaged him yesterday about how I was upset at how I didn't get them."

Hayoon's face eases and she nods, but then goes confused again. "What did he mean by pushing you?"

"Oh that was at the airport, he accidently pushed into me." I swiftly think of a lie which apparently is convincing since Hayoon begins to smile.

"This is great! You finally have a guy Jiyeon! I'm happy for you." She holds me to her chest whilst giving me a hug, and bitterly I hug back.

She let's go and walks out my room.

I hate lying to them, I really do. But this is the only way Yoongi will be safe, right? He clearly doesn't want to be known by them either considering he didn't put his full name in the note, just a Y.

I hold the earrings in my hand once again and stare down at them. They stand out and glisten in my eyes making me smile. I also hold the hat he gave me in my other hand, looking back at forth at them both.

Thank you, Yoongi.